Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rusty now understands that Bumpers are for serious training and frisbees are for fun. He "sproings" on all fours when I take him outside while I'm holding frisbees in hand.

Hey Remi, wait for me!

He he ... I caught this one ...

Hey Dad ... check the muscle definition now starting to show in my rear legs!

That was fun but I got kinda hot. Think I'll check again to see if the bottom of the world is through here ...

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
He is so stinkin cute! I know he's GR, but his fur looks almost "wirey"? Did that make any sense?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Rusty - you are just a heartbreaker! I love the frisbee picture. It screams, "look, I finally got one!".

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I know he's GR,
He's a labradoodle! Or is it a goldendoodle? In any case, he's freaking adorable. I adore him!!!!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
He sure is getting big . . . and cuter by the day.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's a labradoodle! Or is it a goldendoodle? In any case, he's freaking adorable. I adore him!!!!!
OK ... I'm going to go ahead and acknowledge my perverse sense of humor after that.

I was waiting in the Walmart parking lot for Carol and Grammie one day when two middle aged gals went walking by and happened to see Cappy sitting up in the right front seat. They stopped and turned to look and then came close to my opened window at which time they also spotted Remi laying down between the front captains seats (Chrysler Town & Country) and they started oooohing and ahhhing about the two Labs. I asked if they had noticed Rusty in the back seat and called him up to me. It was an instant love fest. The two gals were both dog lovers and they made a huge fuss over the pup.

I held Rusty in my Lap so they could pet him and feel his coat. One finally asked if he was an Airedale. I told her no and asked if they'd care to venture other breed guesses. They tried a few and I finally said to them ... do you know what these other two dawgs are?

"Yes", said one, "they are golden Labs aren't they?" I just HATE that when people call a yellow Lab a Golden. But anyhow ... I asked one one who was fondling Rusty the most if she'd believe me if I told her what he was. She said of course she would.

:eyebrows:

He's from the land down under. He's a Pubic Retriever.

One gal looked at the other, and then at me, and said "a what!?"

A Pubic Retriever, from Down down under.

They both broke into laughter and one of the two said he kinda looks it, you know. Then they both cracked up (no pun intended).

I said "he is a Apricot Labradoodle from Australia.

The one who was laughing the most asked ... "are they really called Pubic Retrievers"?

To which I replied ... "No, only to good natured blondes who call my other two golden Labs".

As Carol was coming out of Walmart she noticed the gals at our car who were talking with me and laughing. When she and Grannie got inside Carol asked "what was that all about?"

Ever have one of those situations where a small white lie really is adviseable?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
OK - now you have made me choke on my coffee. Shame on you but thanks for the best laugh of my morning. And yes, a small, white lie was definately in order.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts