Just Labradors banner

Friday was not my best day

1K views 51 replies 48 participants last post by  dweck 
#1 ·
I pretty much knew what I was going to be told when I went into the urologist yesterday, but I guess I was hoping it would be better. It certainly could be worse. Seems I have this tumor growing in my bladder and the unwelcome visitor has to be removed. Doc says it is a low grade non invasive ******* based on what he can see through his scope. They will know for sure when they take it out. So, now I get to wait 10 days for it to be removed. Keeps life exciting.

#12 · (Edited)
Oh golly, Ed!! So sorry you have to go through this but I hope your operation goes smoothly, that the lab reports are good, and that your recovery is very smooth.

When is it scheduled for -- Monday, April 5th?

#17 ·
Good Luck Ed,

Hope it is benign and all goes well and surgery solves the problem.

My dad fought bladder cancer for years for until his migrated to an agressive form and they had to remove his bladder. That was 5 years ago. He didn't have to have chemo or any other etreatment as it was confined to the bladder. He golfs, rides his bike and does whatever else he wants now. No signs of any other problem. Plus he says peeing in the bag has 1 major advantage he can sleep through the night without getting up for a pit stop.

#20 ·
Prayers and good thoughts going up for you, Ed. My BIL has had bladder cancer and is a 12-year survivor. Yours is benign and just a *******, so you'll be great once they give it the boot. Make sure you get lots of attention while you're recuperating! ;)

#24 ·
low grade non invasive is a LOT better then some of the options
I'm very sorry you are facing this but delighted it sounds like surgery will ltake care of the problem
waiting is just enough to make me NUTS ... hope the 10 days fly by and recovery is a snap too :)

#27 ·
Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts, prayers, and wishes. I am pretty optomistic on the outcome of the surgery next Monday and the reports due back on the 15th. Someone mentioned their Dad going through this and having to be scoped every year subsequent. Yep! Thats what the Doc said was in my future downstream (pun intended). The possibilities the bladder may have to come out at some point was also mentioned, but that is not the worst thing that could happen. I should still be able to get out to the dog parks with HK, and chuck a few dozen t-balls every day for her out front. I do have to figure out how to be able to do these things, but selectively delete some items on the honeydew list. I am positive that thing is malignent. It seems to continually grow out of control in all directions. Maybe I can have it put on chemo or something.

#28 ·
Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts, prayers, and wishes. I am pretty optomistic on the outcome of the surgery next Monday and the reports due back on the 15th. Someone mentioned their Dad going through this and having to be scoped every year subsequent. Yep! Thats what the Doc said was in my future downstream (pun intended). The possibilities the bladder may have to come out at some point was also mentioned, but that is not the worst thing that could happen. I should still be able to get out to the dog parks with HK, and chuck a few dozen t-balls every day for her out front. I do have to figure out how to be able to do these things, but selectively delete some items on the honeydew list. I am positive that thing is malignent. It seems to continually grow out of control in all directions. Maybe I can have it put on chemo or something.

LOL, that cracked me up. Ed, that honeydo list is a good thing, it gives you reasons to get out to the park with HK more often! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.