Just Labradors banner

Friday - It's a female dog, not a *****

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  mitziandjudysmom 
#1 ·
Had to LOL about an e-mail from our obed instructor yesterday.

She's a full-time school teacher. And on Fri, we (her advanced classes) are travelling to her school to be part of her Dogs and Friends Day. There are various presentations going on, and the kids will be able to get up close and personal w/our fuzzies. Demos. Reading program. Etc. etc.

So she gives us a set of instructions about good behavior, etc: If you need to discipline your dog, be discreet, please. No undue corrections -- take it outside if you really need to. Clean up all 'packages' your dog leaves on property. Dress appropriately, etc. etc.

And this kicker: REMEMBER, PLEASE, We're in an elementary school. So those of you with girls, for this one day, in deference to our audiences, let's call them //female dogs// and not bitches!!!

#10 ·
Yeah, like "Hey Mom, some guy brought his ***** to school today"!
Oh I can just hear it. LOL

This entire thread got me to wondering about the orgin of the word.
According to Wikipedia:

History
The term "*****" comes from the 1150 word bicche, which was developed from the Old English word bicce. It also may have been derived from the Old Icelandic work bikkja for "female dog." The phrase "son of a *****" dates back to its use in Of Arthour & Merlin c. 1330.

For all of the other "uses" read for yourself here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****#History

#13 ·
And again we are aiding and abetting the "dumbing down" of our school children in the proper usage of "terms". How else are they supposed to learn proper terminology???

For instance:

Cow/Bull
Ram/Ewe
Mare/Stallion
Buck/Doe
Rooster/Hen
"Billy"/"Nanny"...sorry, I don't know the proper/formal 'goat terms'
Boar/Sow
Jack/Jenny
Queen (cats)/?

Etc./Etc..and others along with all the sub groups of sex and age that pertain to them also....

*yeah, I'm in a not so good mood this afternoon and at this point have had my fill of political correctness* :( :rolleyes: **baaad me**

#14 ·
How else are they supposed to learn proper terminology???
Parents? Who can decide these issues based on what they'd prefer in their own homes and the maturity level of their own kids??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.