Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free to good home. Yellow lab, age 5. Spayed female. Answers to "bad dog."

Just picked up a baby bird (now deceased) and wouldn't "drop it."

Will deliver within a 1000 mile radius of Toledo, Ohio. Comes with EVO premium dog food, which apparently isn't good enough and must be supplemented with dead birds. :-X

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Theo says, "Aly, you and I are misunderstood. We're rebels, girl. Let's run away to a place where no one can judge us for our vole-killin', baby-bird-chompin' ways."

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Aly, you bad girl. Leave the baby birdies alone! :angel:

Did it fall out of the nest or something?

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Awwww...Hey Aly...Hitchike east, girlfriend :laugh:

(out of Aly's hearing--- ewwwwwwww!) better you than me, Jenn :-\

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theoconbrio said:
Theo says, "Aly, you and I are misunderstood. We're rebels, girl. Let's run away to a place where no one can judge us for our vole-killin', baby-bird-chompin' ways."
Aly says, "Theo, babe, I am all about vole-killin' and bunny flingin'. The Man is holdin' me back, dawg. I gotta blow this joint."

jzgrlduff said:
Aly, you bad girl. Leave the baby birdies alone! :angel:

Did it fall out of the nest or something?
I have no idea. I let JAT out to pee, and Aly wandered into the back and I saw her pick something up. She likes to walk around with stuff in her mouth and wait to be told to drop it. If I don't catch her, she swollows what ever it is. This time, though, she wouldn't drop it, and when I approached her, there were feathers sticking out of the side of her mouth. I grabbed her mouth, pried it open, and shook. Out fell said baby bird.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Gee..wish I could help..but I live 1001 miles away. *giggle*....I feel your pain..I hated when some of my dogs killed birds, Kelly for one.
Jackie ;D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeep274 said:
We'll take her. ;) Kody is more for the baby bunnies, but given the chance he'll play with baby birds too. ::)
oh, Aly is alll about the bunnies. She likes to catch them, and then toss them into the air and listen to them scream. Then, when they hit the ground, she pounces on them and tosses them again. When she is done, she shakes them really hard and breaks their necks.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, and at least I caught her this time before she came in the house. Last time she caught a bird, I didn't see her do it. She walked into the kitchen and spit a full size, live robin at my feet. OMG I very nearly shat myself. I put a bowl over the bird and called my DH to come rescue us. It took him half an hour to get home, durning which time the bird dragged the bowl all over the kitchen while trying to escape.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
theoconbrio said:
Aly says, "Theo, babe, I am all about vole-killin' and bunny flingin'. The Man is holdin' me back, dawg. I gotta blow this joint."
"Aly, Labs like us...
Baby we were boooorn to RUUUUUUUN!"

<Clarence sax solo>

P.S. I know it's terrible to laugh at the suffering of others, especially little birdies, but I did laugh heartily at this:

OMG I very nearly shat myself.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Maybe we can offer Murray and Aly on a 2 for one offer (see my post a couple of weeks ago where Murray was looking for a new home too).

Murray wants to join the Aly-Theo gang. He swallows birds whole AND still alive. :-X :'( Some retriever. ::)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
oh, Aly is alll about the bunnies. She likes to catch them, and then toss them into the air and listen to them scream. Then, when they hit the ground, she pounces on them and tosses them again. When she is done, she shakes them really hard and breaks their necks.
;D Lol, that sounds exactly like Kody. The more they scream, the more excited he gets. Your robin story almost had me on the floor laughing. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
*raises paw*

Henery here, may I join your gang of critter-killers?? I'm just a newbie.. I like to snack on already-dead squirrels and freak the crap out of my mom, but I'm sure that I would love freshly killed rabbit, birdie, squirrel or that creature that ThEo got. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
wag, wag *we want to join too! we got a really fat opossum. we left it by the shed so mom could see it but i don't think she was very impressed.*

Susan here, I don't know how they did it but they are quite a team. No more kisses for me!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These stories all crack me up! Who knew our sweet labradors could be such cold blooded killers!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You're such the sales-person!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts