Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So DD, fiancée` and Louie the 10.5 month old Cockapoo are enjoying a movie on the sofa. Louie decides he is not getting any attention there and goes off to investigate good things.

He decides something good must be up there on the kitchen table and finds a stack of bills, as in currency. $150 was left there when the two settled some transaction they made earlier.

Fiancée` asks DD, ‘What’s Louie doing?’ when he hears tearing of paper noises.

Sunday was spent trying to put the puzzle back together. Not enough left of one of the $20s to even think about taping anything together. The rest at least had one complete Serial number and most of the seal. Good enough to give it a try.

This morning the Credit Union says, ‘Have to have at least 75% of the bill’, and their assessment was only one $20 bill met the criteria. I will try a full service bank this afternoon, but I expect the same answer.

PS: The $130 offered is the same $130 remnants that the banks won’t accept.

PPS: DD says that I cannot give away HER DOG!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
LOL...yeh, I learned early on about that with Zoe when she swiped $100 in 20's off the counter. Luckily, I got them in time. I had a huge rock (it's actually still there) where I had to weight everything down that was "paper" and left on the counter. heehee! sorry for their misfortune! ;)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Oh my my friend told me a similar story yesterday, one of the kids had pulled out a ten pound note and fed it to their staffy! She wondered if the bank would replace it as she had serial number etc left lol

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Next it will cell phones, checkbooks, chapstick and anything else he can get his jaws on! LOL

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I believe the rule is more than 50% of the bill.
Teddy swiped my wallet :eek: took it into the back yard and proceeded to empty it all over the yard. Checkbook, money, credit cards and all.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wells Fargo came through. According to their criteria, one complete serial number, and the seal. Net result, the loss was reduced to $20. Louie will get to live another day.:):):)

Today, I like Wells Fargo. Tomorrow, who knows.

I did ask the VP of whatever, if I could deposit the dog in my savings account, and withdraw him in about a year when he has matured. The guy thought I was kidding, and I couldn't convince him that I was serious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts