Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that weird if you know they're not 'art' worthy, you just like them? Not pics of family members or dogs, I don't think that would be questionable, but pics of places or things.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I am not sure there is such a thing as "not art worthy",its about what you like. If you like it ... frame it, hang it and enjoy it

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. One man's art is another's eyesore. It's subjective and the only person's taste that matters is your own.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I ordered that pic I took of the sunset and framed it. Gave it to my friend who loves sunsets and she has it hanging in her office. I also am thinking of doing it with some sunflower pics I have taken. Not weird at all. I rather have pics of things I love around me than art that doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
If you like it, then hang it. Might depend on what room you want to put it in as well. We've got stuff hanging in our family room that we wouldn't put in the more formal living room.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I have a picture of the beach that I love and find peaceful. I want to blow it up and hang it in my office. I haven't so far because, well I worry too much what others think and imagined someone thinking 'yeah, not really frame-worthy'.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I ahve a friend that was looking for something for her foyer. She was looking online at some poster trype stuff. I suggested she use one of the many beautiful photos she has of Greece when she was there last summer. She is Greek and it is her favorite place in the world. I helped her pick and crop the picture. Anything that gives you a memory of something is better than something from a stranger anyday.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Thanks guys. I have a picture of the beach that I love and find peaceful. I want to blow it up and hang it in my office. I haven't so far because, well I worry too much what others think and imagined someone thinking 'yeah, not really frame-worthy'.
Have you seen some of the crap that hangs in peoples cubes or offices? Don't worry what others think.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
So do it. I have a lot of my own photos up on my walls. It's your house. Decorate it the way you want to. (even if it is black velvet Elvis paintings. LOL)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I frame my own shots all the time. I also frame my childrens' artwork. You can put a drawing in a really nice frame & mat & it looks wondeful.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
my dad uses his pictures all the time to decorate the house. going up the stairs, he has pictures of flowers that he took when we went on vacation. he bought frames from wal-mart and hung them up. they look great.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I was looking online to blow up a nice collage I made in Photoshop and the Kodak website has some nice stuff. I think you can blow up a regular picture to 20" x 30" on just regular poster type paper, or they also have bigger canvas prints you can buy, but they are more expensive. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts