Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miko started sneezing uncontrollably last night. A trip to the vet today confirmed that she somehow inhaled a foxtail into her nostril. She schedule to have a surgery tomorrow to have it removed. :(

Does anyone have any advice on what we should watch out for, and how to care for Miko, after such a surgery?

And if this is not enough, we think our daughter has contracted swine flu from fellow campers. :mad:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have no experience with foxtail just wanted to say good luck with surgery today and I hope your daughter feels better soon. When it rains it pours, huh?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the well wishes, they really helped!

Test results for my daughter indicated that she does not have a flu (Swine or otherwise) -- it is just a fever carrying cold as they say. :)

Miko came through in excellent condition, perhaps just a bit wobbly from the drugs. She is eating well and the sneezing has stopped. :)

Here is a blurry picture of what was removed from her nasal passage.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ouch, that was a big foxtail! I'm glad they were able to get it out no problem, how uncomfortable that had to be for her! I'm also glad to hear your daughter is swine flu free! :D I do hope she gets to feeling better soon, though, and I hope Miko is feeling like herself soon too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts