Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the vets and great news! It's just a fatty cyst. They told me to watch it and see if it get any larger. She got her rabbies vaccine, heartworm check and meds, and I think distemper. She needs to lose 5 pounds....I haven't been taking her on walks due to her pulling, but I'm planning on using a gentle leader next week. Wish me luck, I put the leader on her and she looks like she's getting beaten... ::) ;D

Thanks for everyone's JL thoughts and prayers! I'm glad this is behind us.... ;D

Hey everyone,
I was petting Cammy this morning and felt a lump. It's about the size of a quarter, not too thick. It feels soft and I can move it around.
Any thoughts? I'm planning on calling the vet to get her in.

Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Found a lump on Cammy today....

Where is the lump located? It is always a good idea to have a vet check out any lumps or bumps you might find.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The lump is on her left side, about two inches from her spine, about 4 inches from her butt. I called the vet and we have an appointment on Wednesday.

·
Registered
837 Posts

My little Annie had several fatty cysts a couple on her back and sides. Coleman my oldest also has a couple of fatty cysts that we are keeping an eye on.

Keep us updated on your appointment results with Cammy -

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

What did they feel like? I thought there's a difference in how it feels if it could a be tumor compared to a cyst.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts

Sounds like it could be a fatty tumor/lipoma. Definitely have it checked though.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Keeping Cammy in our thoughts today.

Annie had several lumps different sizes, the one on her back was about 2-3" and hard the others were soft and moveable. She did have to have the one on her back removed but it turned out just to be fatty.

Coleman has several that are different sizes, they all feel soft and move around.

Keep us updated on Cammy.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That is great news!!! :) So did you take Cammy out for lunch to celebrate?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CTBSAM,
No celelbrating that way, I'm afraid. She's gained 5 pounds! ::) I haven't been walking her too much. I walked with a group of girls and Cammy does not have the best leash habits (my bad). I'm going to try her with a gentle leader, then I'll be able to walk her all the time. Typically, I walk 5 to 6 times a week (4 mile walks). The pounds should come off pretty easily. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts