Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we had my parents and my in laws visiting this weekend and everyone arrived on Friday night, so we decided just to order Chinese food for dinner. When the delivery guy came to our front gate (our front yard is fenced), he said "is this your dog?" and pointed at a dog in the street (we live on a pretty busy street). DH said no, but let's get her in here before she gets run over. Anyway, she had a collar, but no tag. She knew sit and stay. We ended up calling animal control and they came and got her. They called us later that night to give us an update and said that she had a chip, but that one of the numbers was disconnected and no one was answering the other. I called today to check on her and no one has claimed her. They said she will be up for adoption on March 16. This shelter does euthanize dogs, but they told me that they've had dogs there for as long as six months. If you are intersted in seeing her, go here: http://www.laanimalservices.com and use her ID number: A1009459. They are calling her a border collie, but she looked more like shepard mix.

I think I'm giong to put up some posters this weekend saying that she was found and is at the West LA Animal Shelter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish we could take her, but we just can't. I'm going to post the link on facebook in the hopes that someone I know here in LA will be interested. Maybe her owner will come forward??

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
she had a chip, but that one of the numbers was disconnected and no one was answering the other. I called today to check on her and no one has claimed her.
I hope she's not a victim of the economy. :(

Prayers that her owner comes forth or she gets adopted to a great family.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just saw this and it reminded me of being at my dads over the weekend. There was this beautiful yellow lab that just came wandering by. He had tags on with his name, address and phone number. His name was Rocky. My dad lives on a pretty busy street so I grabbed the dog and put him in the yard. My dad said he sees the dog all the time wandering around the neighborhood. I called the phone number on his tag. A young kid answers the phone and says, "oh, just leave him out, he'll come back, I left the garage door open and he must have walked out". I told him that I was not going to just leave him to walk around the busy street, if he wanted to I would bring him home or he would have to come and get him. He said he would come and get him in a little while. The kid was about 15 or 16 I guess. He lived a street behind my dad. I tried talking to him about keeping Rocky safe and he didn't seem to want to listen. Rocky is neutered! Kind of bugs me about them not caring if he wanders. He says that Rocky knows where he lives and he always comes home, but "enjoys" his walks around the neighborhood. Sometimes they go with him, but sometimes he just goes by himself. :mad::mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts