Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a foster GSD puppy, she has been with us about 2 months.

Ali had a badly broken right femur, we did two surgeries to try and save the leg but tragically had to eventually amputate the leg. She has done very well, is becoming stronger each day and is learning to how to be a tripod.

My question for the group (because a least one person on this wise and wonderful forum will know the answer), does anyone know of a prosthetic company that has rear limb prosthetics for a high level amputation?

My concern for her is being a GSD, who are already predisposed for back and hip issues, that she will injure and or cause early degeneration of her back/hips. She is already on suppliments, is receiving hydrotherapy and has acupuncture followed by an adjustment by a Veterinary Chiropractor every two weeks. My thoughts were that if she were able to utilize a prosthetic when we went for walks (short, short walks at this time), if she used it while playing with the other dogs, it would lessen the drag, weight and wear on her rear.

Any ideas?:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwww, poor baby Ali. :( It soulds like you're taking great care of her, God Bless You!

I hope someone can help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts