I’d like to open my bagage
Let I forget,
There is so much to carry-
So much to regret. Hmmmm.

Yes,there it is, right on the top,
Let’s unpack Loneliness,Heartache and Loss,
And there by my bed hides Fear and Shame;
As i look on these things I tried so hard to leave-
I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.

I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,
But I wasn't good enough-for they didn’t want me.
Will you add to my baggage?
Or will you help me unpack?
Or will you just look at my things-
And take me right back?

Do you have the time to help me unpack
To put away my baggage,
And never repack?
I pray that you do- I’m so tired you see
But as I do come with baggage
Will you still want ME ?

“ author unknown”

This peace of text, that's o so Laika, and i think that it suit's to some (or most) of the rescue dog's ;)

But ... On this moment, Laika is pretty *un-packed* ... just a few more things to un-pack, and she's a 100% Labrador 8)

(she still carries some baggage)

·
Registered
48 Posts
It fits all three of mine. Must be why they never let me out of their sight. Thanks for sharing! There's nothing like a rescue dog! A rescue dog lives their second chance to the fullest and a rescue dog's gratefulness is evident everyday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing. Makes me very sad to think that someone gave Billie up...but grateful that they did because I have her now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LabraDork said:
Must be why they never let me out of their sight. Thanks for sharing! There's nothing like a rescue dog! A rescue dog lives their second chance to the fullest and a rescue dog's gratefulness is evident everyday.
As you describe it, it also suits Laika, where eve i may go, she always (how busy she is with doing her stuff), she alway stops to take a look of where i'am ;)

That's why i think, that if you buy a pup from a breeder is excellent, but a rescue dog is priceless! 8)

And as you already said: "they lived their second change" ... well i gues Laika hitted the Jackpot 8)

After 1 year (at 18 of august) having Laika over here, i must say, that i realy love that dog! ::)

BudGirl8 said:
Thanks for sharing. Makes me very sad to think that someone gave Billie up...but grateful that they did because I have her now.
I guess that Billy also hit the Jackpot with you! 8)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Brody is my rescue and I could not ask for a better dog. Now I know why she has those great expressions!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
myjake said:
Thanks for sharing. Brody is my rescue and I could not ask for a better dog. Now I know why she has those great expressions!
She's enjoying evry second she is out in to the fields, woods or where ever she goes 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts