Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is dead slow here at work today, I'm physicing myself up to shape a hat like Costner wore in "Open Range" but in black and checking some stuff out. Well the famous "Stenbridges" that rented guns to the Hollywood studios is auctioning off a bunch of the collection.

There are two guns from the movie "Ol' Yeller" in the lot, a bit of reseach would most likely prove one of them is the one used to shoot Ol' Yeller after he got rabies.

http://www.littlejohnsauctionservice.com/

The "Ol' Yeller guns are on page 65 and 72.

Here is your chance to bid and then you can tell folks, "not only did I not cry when Ol' Yeller died, I have the gun used to shoot Ol' Yeller. :eek:

Some interesting movie and tv items in the auction.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Never mind the gun from Old Yeller!! Star Wars!!! Raiders of the Lost Ark!! Bonanza!! Ghost and the Darkness!

I sooo want me a Star Wars gun.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josie Wales, The Rifleman, Hoss' sidearm, Shane, Nevada Smith, True Grit, woooooooooT!

Edited to add: They have the Winchester from Stagecoach!!!

·
0 Posts
This is just too cool! I could spend the whole night going through the listings.

Now, if they were selling Lt Hanley's M1 carbine from "Combat" I might just have to head out for the auction!! :D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WeHeartLabs said:
What would a collection like that be worth, Glen? Ballpark?
I have no idea, but I bet you could build a good ball park with it. I do know that half way decent Colt SAA's bring around $2-3000 with out any documentation as to use of the were made before WWII and the "Black Powder frame (pre-1900 or so add another $1000 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts