Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Maddy on K9 Advantix since I got her since we camp all summer and this is what the vet told me to put her on. Well when I had Sydney in today I asked which they thought I should put her on the Frontline or K9 and they told me they stopped carrying the K9 and only now carry the Frontline. I asked what the difference was and they said that the K9 says it works against mesquitos but it only works for like 2 days so they are basically the same. NOw that being said does anyone know if one is better than the other when you are outdoors alot. We camp and the dogs will be in the woods some every weekend and I want to make sure they have the best coverage. Thanks

Jenny

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I use Frontline Plus and it works well. That is what my vet stocks. I am planning on doing camping with Tal this summer also and he said that I can get a spray for extra protection. I am waiting until the time to do that so you might ask your vet about the spray...

B

·
0 Posts
I use frontline and would use a spray if mosquitos became a problem. I don't think that the Advantix is worth it for the mosquito protection...if I need it I can spray on mosquito protection that is much better - it's called fly spray for horses! :) It's a lot less toxic too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have always used Frontline Advantage until this last month when I bought K9 since it was cheaper - am sorry I did. I don't like how it goes on at all. My dogs don't seem to care one way or another - they hate it when I put it on! Not sure why it's such a big deal to them, I don't think it burns or anything they just act like I'm abusing them.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Frontline plus works better on Fleas than K9 Advantix does. I like how K9 Advantix handles ticks over frontline plus, but I, after trying both use Frontline plus, mainly because it is better on fleas.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I always liked the regular Advantage for fleas better than the Frontlin and I don't like the way the Frontline goes on. When they came out with the K9 Advantix, I asked the vet about it...not because of the mosquitoes, but because it now had the tick protection and I preferred the Advantage. Well, my old vet wouldn't carry it because the chemical used for the mosquito protection was toxic to cats. I stuck with the Frontline. When we switched vets, I asked my new vet about the Advantix...they don't carry it anymore. They had a client that had a dog and a cat...the client bought the Advantix and was specifically told to keep the pets apart until the product had dried completely. The wife took the Advantix home, tossed it in a drawer to apply later. Husband came home, saw the tube and didn't look at it closely and applied to the cat....poor kitty didn't make it. :( Even though the vet did nothing wrong, they decided it was not worth risking the lives of other clients' cats and they no longer carry it.

We have used the Frontline and have never had an issue with fleas or ticks.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
We use Frontline and then Skin so soft spray when we are at the boat(mosquito land)... I hate spraying chemicals on their coats on top of the chemicals in the Frontline. The Skin so soft works really well...I dilute it a bit so it's not greasy or oily on them.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I use Frontline Plus.

We have gnats around here, and for some reason they really swarm the black dogs. Johnson's Baby Lotion repels them... seriously. I use it on myself as well, and I'll rub some over the dogs coats and the gnats stay away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts