Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last day of my period was Sunday and since then I've been experiencing PMS symptoms - lower back ache and cramps. I've experienced this before, but it seems worse this time. Normal? I am 41, but it doesn't sound like perimenopause symptoms....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No fever, and none of the kidney infection symptoms, except the back ache :
Fever
Back, side (flank) or groin pain
Abdominal pain
Frequent urination
Strong, persistent urge to urinate
Burning sensation or pain when urinating
Pus or blood in your urine (hematuria)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I said though, I almost always get this afterwards, just not this noticable.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had UTI's before, and this isn't anything like it. I'm having actual menstrual cramps....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
We really need some sort of body messaging system that says "Woman - you have four periods left before menopause is complete. They will be alternately too heavy and too light, several days further apart or closer together than you are used to, and there will be lots of weird sensations that make you feel like you probably have some sort of tumor. You do not. The time you save not dealing with birth control will be offset by the increased time in front of a mirror pulling stray hairs out of your chin. Enjoy."

That's what should happen.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm wondering if you have endometriosis? I used to get post-menstrual cramps sometimes and it was due to the endometriosis.
Interesting, Laura. I was just reading up on that and I do, indeed, have many of those symptoms. I'm going to pm you...

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
We really need some sort of body messaging system that says "Woman - you have four periods left before menopause is complete. They will be alternately too heavy and too light, several days further apart or closer together than you are used to, and there will be lots of weird sensations that make you feel like you probably have some sort of tumor. You do not. The time you save not dealing with birth control will be offset by the increased time in front of a mirror pulling stray hairs out of your chin. Enjoy."

That's what should happen.
I agree 400%! I'm so sick of skipping periods, then having a 3-4 week one. Come on menopause just get it over with. I think you should have a switch that you could turn off when your family is complete and it would turn off all periods. AND it would be irreversible.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Glad I could bring it to your attention. The symptoms can be kinda vague at times. A little nagging this, a little nagging that. It's a lot more common than most think, though it doesn't always cause havoc with your body like it did mine. When they scoped me the first time, they were shocked at how bad it was. When they did the hysterectomy they got out what they could, but the doc told me they would need the equivalent of a power washer and still they wouldn't be able to get it all. So, I just stay away from anything that mimics estrogen like soy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.