Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my period every 3rd Wednesday of the month (tomorrow). I usually get a lower backache starting the Saturday before but it's barely noticeable. Cramps around the same time, but again, barely noticeable.

So today is Tuesday and since yesterday morning I'm having horrible cramps and a knife stabbing lower back ache. I've also had a slight bladder infection since Sunday. Think the bladder infection has anything to do with it????? Or does it get worse as you get older? Ugh, I hope not. I can't deal with this every month. :-\

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I don't think it should change that drastically so quickly. Are you on anything for the bladder infection? I would see if it is the same next month I would check with my doctor.

Mine were worse this month but I just got off my BCP so I think that's why.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Ugh, sorry you are in pain Amy! Not sure what the cause would be for sure, I doubt you would have such a drastic change so suddenly due to getting wiser. ;)

bacatherine said:
WOOOOO HOOOOOO! :)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I would certainly think it's the bladder infection since that's the only thing that is really different from last month.

That being said, the cramps and backache really do get worse as you get older. When I was in my 20's I couldn't understand why some women made such a big deal about their periods. I get it now.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not taking anything for it, other than guzzling cranberry juice. Is there an over the counter med for UTI's?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
You can get OTC meds for a UTI, as long as they are started before it gets too bad. I think it is called Uristat or something like that. Check with your pharmacist.

I bet it is the UTI that is causing the added pain.

G

·
Golfgirlrobin said:
That being said, the cramps and backache really do get worse as you get older. When I was in my 20's I couldn't understand why some women made such a big deal about their periods. I get it now.
Ditto that. I never ever understood the PMS thing until the last year or so. Now, wicked headaches the day before, nasty backaches the first two days...OMG it's awful. All since right before I turned 30.

Sorry you feel awful Amy. Hope the UTI clears up and that is all that is causing the back pain.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan - GIT! :police:

Gosh, I haven't had a UTI in probably 10 years.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
a Kidney infection normally causes really bad lower back pain too so if it persists I would definatley get to the doctor to have it checked out.

CoCosMom said:
Ugh, sorry you are in pain Amy! Not sure what the cause would be for sure, I doubt you would have such a drastic change so suddenly due to getting wiser. ;)

bacatherine said:
WOOOOO HOOOOOO! :)
;) ;D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Barbara, here's to a quick conception and an easy pregnancy for you! :angel: ;D

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I had a brutal UTI about a month or so ago. I'd never had one like this before, so I wasn't really sure if it was just my normal cramping or what. I tend to get lower-back cramping.
Usually mine were just the usual "burning", but no pain anywhere else.

I hope you get it cleared up quick!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
I'm not taking anything for it, other than guzzling cranberry juice. Is there an over the counter med for UTI's?
I've used AZO for less sever UTI's it really helps. Its basically a cranberry pill and you can get it at any drugstore. Warning it will turn your urine a bright orange, kind of freaked me out the first time I took it, lol.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a brutal UTI about a month or so ago. I'd never had one like this before, so I wasn't really sure if it was just my normal cramping or what. I tend to get lower-back cramping.
So Kim, you're saying you had a UTI the same time as your period and you had worse than ever cramping and backache, too?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I got it about a day or so before I got my period, so I just assumed it was the normal "before" cramps that I usually get. But as they got worse I decided to go to the doc. Peed in a cup, and ended up going on anti-biotics (ya'll remember the no-dairy I was complaining about-haha).
So yea, I ended up having it the same time as I had my period. THAT was loads of fun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts