Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions or recommendations as to the type of dry food to feed. Our lad is a 2 1/2 year old rescue and it seems he has dry skin eating the natural choice food.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
There is such a huge choice of food on the market that you can't give one single solid recommendation. What works for one dog may not work for another. You might find this website useful;

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

Just as a caution, the reviews on that website are purely opinion, but the site itself gives you a good idea of what brands are available. It is also good for looking at and comparing ingredients.

I also find this website very informative;

www.dogfoodproject.com

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
sandy - is the sensitive the one with fish?

how much is proplan a 40lb bag?

zoezoe said:
Take an informed look through this link: http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/dogfoods.html
that will help you to make a better decision when deciding what to feed.
Many dogs here have done well on the Costco brand (Kirkland) and ProPlan. If they are dry skin issues; mine have done well on the ProPlan Sensitive Systems.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
To buy COSTCO's Kirkland, you must become a member (I think $40/year).

That said, the Kirkland C&R (whose formula I prefer to the L&R) is $15/40 lb bag + tax.That's what I feed my beloved Puff (YF. AKC field line, 63 lbs, DOB: 8-'01).

That particular formula is very close to the Diamond "Natural" formulas (and is made by the same company that makes Diamond).  So you could try a similar Diamond product to test it out.  (See http://www.diamondpet.com  for a list of distributor locations.)

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
how much is proplan a 40lb bag?
Claire, yes it is. I think it retails for around $32.99 at Petsmart, but they usually have specials where I got it from around $28-30. We'll go back to it this winter, if needed. So far, the Kirkland Chicken is working great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts