Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get uber-confused.

In the latest round of recalls, what dry foods are for sure affected? Possibly affected? It is looking like Nutro may have a problem, how about Pro Plan and Diamond?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see NOTHING on Pro Plan's site. NOTHING. Nutro has the gobbleygook posted elsewhere, which makes me a little uncomfortable with them. Diamond specifically says they are not part of the recalls.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
If they don't have anything on their website, then I would assume they're not involved in a recall.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Actually there are still 3 companies that were shipped the contaminated rice protein that haven't been identified. The FDA and wholesaler know who they are but haven't released the info.
Also the FDA has a master list of all the recalled pet food products that you can download just go to this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can download the list. The list contains 5,167 items broken down by date codes and brand and variety etc..you might want to print it out and take it with you if you shop. and if you see any of the items on the self you could tell the store manager.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/petfoodrecall/

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hims ate his last little bit of kibble this morning (it was a sample bag of that new Eukanuba fish formula) so I have to buy something before I go home.

The fish formula, by the way, was fine - but unless they start making it in a bigger than 5 lb or 10 lb bag, will not be an option for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts