Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is 6 months old and weighs 68 lbs. My vet told me I need to change him over to adult dog food and only give him 3 cups of food a day due to his joints and leg problems.
Due to the recall on dog food, I dont know what to give him. One of the only brands that I know that isnt on the list is Pedigree. I heard its not that good for dogs, so my question is what do you reccomend. I would like to mix dry food and wet. I figure the wet will curb his appetite now that I have brought him down for 5 1/2 to 3 cups a day.

Also have you ever heard of giving your dog riccota cheese for calcuim.

Any suggestion on Dry and wet food

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Please do some research on dog food before choosing one. Pedigree is one of the worst dog foods out there. There are much better food for a comparable- and sometimes even cheaper price.

Why do you want to mix wet and dry? Most dogs do just fine on dry food.

I feed Diamond Naturals- which I get for 17.99 for a 40 pound bag. It's a good quality food, and has not been affected by the latest recalls. It's available at pet stores and feed stores. Costco even has a version of it called Kirkland.

Purina Pro Plan is another good food that has not been affected. Some Purina products are wonderful like Pro Plan- others not good at all- like Beneful.

Nutro is another good brand. Their dry food was not affected.

www.dogfoodproject.com

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My girls get the Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach, it's salmon based. If you want something to "fill them up" since you are cutting back the food, often times people use UNsalted green beans that have been rinsed & mixed with the dry kibble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts