Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just got back from Walmart and on occasion I have seen a stray cart with some food in it, this time chocolate milk, regular milk, and other stuff. No clue how long it's been there...then I start to wonder how many times have I purchased someone's abandoned food??

:crazy:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know at the one I work out, if it is even starting to warm up, it gets claimed and thrown away. Better to get reimbursed for it than to get sued... :)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Oh great, one more food-related thing for me to obsess about. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
When I worked at a grocery store in college if it was even getting close we threw it out. Why can't people just say I have to leave and give you their cart? The store will put it in the walk-in if you are coming back. Wasting causes higher prices for everyone.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I always take my milk from the back. My husbands son and my nephew both work in the grocery industry and they have horror stories. Son was a manager and nephew in produce. Scary! Oh and my husband also worked as a manager of a grocery store for 20 years.

PS: I love www.peopleofwalmart.com!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Michael Moore should do a Documentary on Wal*mart. Talk about capitalism at it's finest.

Imagine if Walmart paid a living wage. Provided respectable health care benefit choices to it's associates and discontinued it's strong arm vendor tactics.

Of course none of this has to do with milk left in the cart. (which I hope was tossed out but suspect that might not be the case all the time)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts