Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just considering it, tossing the idea around. I'd like it to be a focus on local food, a mix of traditional and modern Nova Scotian/Atlantic Canadian/Canadian food with an emphasis on organics. Whole foods, nothing processed if at all possible, but everything from the adventurous to the family favourites... funky to comfort food. of course the photography would be a huge element also. With spring around the corner, I thought outings to local farmers markets, farms, wineries, etc with accompanying recipes... and lots of pics of the places, prep, ingredients & finished products. Local stories & idle chatter mixed in.

I kind of think it would be neat, but it's my idea so I am biased. but not being either a professional cook or professional photographer... what do you think? Stupid idea?

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Great idea - and you're not a pro photographer cause you're not trying to sell those beautiful pictures you take! would be a learning site for ppl like me too!

(BTW - joined a CSA today - and the farm specializes in raspberries...sigh!)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! Good for you! CSAa are awesome, and I loooove raspberries. Will you make jam?

And thanks, I think I will. I have so many ideas buzzing around in my brain, and this may be the way to fuse my passions in some sort of semi-coherent way.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Theresa, I have always admired you for many reasons. I have learned a lot about organic and green products and ideas from you. You take awesome pictures. You share great recipes. You are a mom to two beautiful girls. I would love to read your blog!! Dont sell yourself short!. Nobody has to be a pro to have a blog and you are more of a pro than you think!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. =)

Laurie, you give me too much credit, but thanks for the kind words. I just figure I am passionate about stuff, so why not share that? I think I have something to offer, and even though I am not a"pro", this would surely be a way to grow & get better, I think? The blogs that I love to read are by people who are not pros, but clearly passionate about the things they write about, and that's always inspiring to read, to me, anyway. Not sure how much time I have to devote, but if it turns out well, it could end up being a pretty cathartic and satisfying hobby, and anything that requires me to cook AND take a picture, well... =)

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Jam? BWHAHA! I don't think any amout of raspberries will last long enough at my house for jam! (even the dogs love them!)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, you would get to read it. You may be the only ones reading it, lol. But I look forward to feedback, I am a total noob at this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts