1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yep west of us but heading our way! My brother just left to go to Nashville...but you can't tell 19 year olds to take the weather seriously. I never took it seriously until I woke up to a bolt of lightning above my head. :eek:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep an eye on it, looks nasty to me.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Mostly there's been reports of bad hail....like dime to quarter sized. I want to run up the grocery store but no way am I going to let my baby be hailed on.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mostly there's been reports of bad hail....like dime to quarter sized. I want to run up the grocery store but no way am I going to let my baby be hailed on.

Two confirmed tornados up in TN near Nashville. Stay put and keep and ear out, you don't need anything that bad, besises it could drop a funnel, it has that look. Unless you are planning on chasing it of course.;)

You folks have basements down there?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We don't generally have basements, no. I hope my brother is OK. he has probably not crossed the AL/TN state line yet, though.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good thoughts up for him, didn't know if basements were common there or you have ground water problems. Most have them here.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Keep it there you guys! They are forecasting it here in the next 4-5 hours. They are saying multiples touching down within 10 miles of one another.....not good!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep it there you guys! They are forecasting it here in the next 4-5 hours. They are saying multiples touching down within 10 miles of one another.....not good!

You keep your eyes out, I wouldn't chase that storm, it's one for the pros.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The news just said Murfeesboroand and Sulfur Srings TN have been hit hard.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My brother came back after he heard the sirens...so what did we do? We went to publix...lol. It rained a little bit and was windy but it was OK. Some other areas of the county got hit a bit harder. The worst has gone now, storm is heading east/Sandy's way.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to see you are both OK, wasn't sure how close it was to you. Cars can be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Our backyard is flooding, but it won't reach the house. A funnel cloud touched down about 10 miles from here. I think Tennessee got the bad end of this system. Hope everyone is OK!!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
it is a bit north of me now; about 60 miles.

lol, allie...one way you know you are from the south is when there is a tornado warning you go outside and look for the funnel. lol

we are all snuggled together on the bed watching it on the news just waiting........greatest threats right now are hail and damaging winds and lightening strikes. we're in a tornado watch right now...ripe for the picking they say. the dogs are mad they have to have on their collars....just in case.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol, allie...one way you know you are from the south is when there is a tornado warning you go outside and look for the funnel. lol

Well I hope she took her camera with her.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts