Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, seems to slow him down!
I've examined and examined and examined the best I can to see what's going on in that lower tooth slot. He thinks it's a game. (I just can't tell at this point what's going on there. Vet in about a week.)

"Mom! You poke around in my mouth and I just want to lick you even more!" :D
A seizure tonight, 8 minutes, when it was over? "Mom! I'm starved! Can we do retrieves after I eat?" :D
During retrieves? "GOT IT! Got it got it got it!" Nijinski-like maneuvers, high in the air.

This dog, this labrador retriever dog, never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful, athletic, neurologically challenged... and still a cuddle baby and bed hog.

God bless him.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Aw poor Flynnie..

I reallllly hope that the tooth thing is nothing serious. Teeth problems HURT like hell, so if he's still acting pretty normal and eating normally, I would think it doesn't hurt him much, but who knows.

Give him some extra kisses from me! :-* :-*

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Justine. This tooth issue does not seem to bother him in the least! It bothers me more than it does him. Anyway, vet will have a look when I take him in.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nance

Isn't it amazing how they bounce back. Hugs to Flynn and the rest of your crew.

Ginny

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Nance : - )

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Exuburent! That's Flynn, even things that could slow him down don't wound his spirit at all! Love this guy :-*

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hope his tooth is nothing serious!! His seizure lasted 8 mins? wow!! Hugs to you. How often does he have seizures? I'm sorry, I don't know his whole story..Kallie had a seizure on Jan 2nd and I'm terrified it will happen again. Hers only lasted about 1 or 2 mins. We don't know what caused hers. I'm glad to hear that he bounces back so quickly from them!!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Nance, these Labs are so stoic and full of love and life, they just don't sweat the small stuff. And to them, anything that isn't food or fun is small stuff! ;) God bless Our Man Flynn, prayers that the head twinkles go away forever and the lost tooth is just that and nothing more.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
These dogs - these labradors- are absolutely incredible :happy: I've never really had any other type of dog as an adult, so I'm not really sure exactly how other breeds are (I imagine the bully breeds are pretty impervious too), but labs really don't let much get them down. I had to explain to SU just the other day, that even though Skippy seemed fine outside in the very slippery snow (he's getting older and was crying the other day when he would make certain quick moves), that labs were actually bred to not sense pain all that much and could do things beyond what they should for their safety and health because that's just how they were, so WE have to watch out for them. I hope Flynnie keeps his joy up for a long, long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts