Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 8 weeks now since Hope came to live with us. I've been observing her natural tendencies toward the dogs and theirs toward her: who will gravitate to whom.

Who would have thought that Our Man Flynn would be her favorite?!? Oh, yes, she loves to nest in Rusty's tail, but it is Flynn she tends to go to for security. :)

No matter what mode of energy Flynn is in, if Hope seeks him out he STOPS. And he checks her fur, *kisses* her head. If he is on my lap and Hope jumps up to be there, he just stays and makes room for her. More head kissing. And so gentle! He ratchets himself down about 20 gazillion notches if she is near him.

I remember the day I brought Flynnie home from lab rescue to live with us. He met our old Siamese, Clarkie, on the front porch and gave him the same soft treatment. Kisses, gentleness, carry on with with meeting the others.

This lab of mine just blows me away. I can never second-guess him.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That's our Man Flynn. NEVER to be underestimated. This is such a heart-warming tale.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
What a sweet soul he has!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Hope knows who is the tough guy when she needs him - Flynn? He is the best...and to think of all the things you blame him for! HUH!!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Doesn't every rogue have an endearing side? That's why we love 'em!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
No matter what mode of energy Flynn is in, if Hope seeks him out he STOPS. And he checks her fur, *kisses* her head. If he is on my lap and Hope jumps up to be there, he just stays and makes room for her. More head kissing. And so gentle! He ratchets himself down about 20 gazillion notches if she is near him.
:)
What a nice description. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
What a good boy Flynn is. He'd get along with Spike very well.

Spike has helped me foster kittens. He is my dog ambassador.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Don't women always love the 'bad boys?' Flynn is such a sweet boy.

How is Seamus adjusting to Miss Mouse? Is he relaxing a bit more around her?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't women always love the 'bad boys?' Flynn is such a sweet boy.

How is Seamus adjusting to Miss Mouse? Is he relaxing a bit more around her?
Mmmmm... you know? He's just the strong, silent type. Kind of a loner except for his momma. He is sort of a "live and let live" guy and takes Hope as a banal cuiosity. :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Well, I'm glad he's not freezing up any more when she moves, and can settle back into his normal life again. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hopie Cat knows he's special. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts