Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall the first time I bolted and ran away from home. What an adventure!
I recall those days and nights roaming the streets like a hobo. What a life!
I recall meals out of trash barrels, gutters. Haven't had meals like those since!
I recall being captured by a rescue lady and her 9 year old son. Lotsa TV then.
I recall being shown off with other labs in parking lots. I love showing off!

I recall running away from my mom an hour ago and hoofing it across the street, down the alley, and approaching that tantalizing fence. I recall my mom's voice getting stoopidly high yelling "cookies". I recall the last time she did that just 30 minutes earlier I came back inside but didn't get the cookie. Finally, I recall her yanking my collar so tight I had to choke and gag and put on a real terrorized show for any neighbors who might be watching. Oh, I really hacked and snorted. No use - mom won.

That last event may be the very last thing I recall for the rest of my life if mom has anything to say about it.

Your Man,
Flynn

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sammi knows that scream also Flynn!! Boy if I were you I would stick close to home for awhile. Or you may be forever living in the "dog house";)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Flynnie... ~~sigh~~
Dude.
Mom ALWAYS wins. Ask Shea.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Um Nance, Flynnie sent Buck an e-mail, it went like this:

My friend Buck, I recall living in a house with just dogs, we all speak the same language. It was good, real good. Then this Kitteh showed up. So I bolted, lost my mind for a minute, i get offered cookies, choked, and I'm home again. What the??? Buck, you gotta get me outta here.

Bucks reply: Flynnie, ma man, just chill. Take a nap, talk to Shea. He'll pull you through this one. Kitteh's are cool, just take it one day at a time, one minute at a time if ya haff too. That kitteh will be speakin' Flynnie in no time. Oh and keep your nose away from any sharp fangs or claws, those hurts alot.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Dear Flynnie,

I didn't like kitteh's much either, but my dad has one that's pretty cool once you get to kno 'em. Plus they are fun to chase sometimes! lol

Hang in there!

Your bud,

Tal

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear Bro Buck
Chill? I am the chillest! Nap?!? Oh man! What planet are you from? CANADA?
I'll work on it but no promises. Thanks for the advice, though. You're cool.
Flynn

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh Flynn, you must not make mama do that high-pitched "cookies" scream ever again. :( That is a very bad sound and it only means that you will be given sad looks and mad looks for a while.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Oh Flynn ... I'm going to read this all to Dozer (excluding the fun stuff) ... a life lesson for all.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Dear Flynnie,

This is pal Sam. How do you get your mom to yell cookies like that? When I bolt out the door my mommy yells "SAMUEL-WISE GAMGEE GET BACK HERE NOW!" Then when I don't listen she runs to the car and says "Wants to go for a ride." That always gets me and then I get drug back in the house by my collar like you did!! I want cookies! How do you do that scream and gagging? Maybe that will make my mommy let go for a bit!

Oh and Kittehs can be evils! You gots to watch them. My human bro Phoenix just got one and she is the devil reincarnate my mommy says. This kitteh never wants to plays and she always hisses at me when I peek into the bedroom she's always in. The other day I was just minding my own business walking in the kitchen and she lept across the room, slid across to chairs and onto my back with those claws! She's crazy! I hope your kitteh is nicer than this one. If you have any suggestions on her I'll be glad to hear them!

-Your man Sam.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Dear Flynnie,

I don't have no kitten problems cause Pa is allergic to them whatever that means. Momma says it makes it so his eyes water and he cants breath.

But I use to bolt and runs away. I wouldn't even get in the car for rides or treats...it was more fun niffing and running loose. One time I did it at night. Momma lost me and I was running down the 1/2 mile street that runs through our neighborhood. Momma couldn't see but she heard the car that slammed its brakes and burnt rubber. It scared me real bad. I went back home and was sitting on the door step when Momma got home.

She hugs me and then tells me it was horrible having to look in that spot to see if my body was there. She cried and cried.

I never runs no more it aint worth it. Those big things with wheels scare me when I am not on my leash and safe with my humans.

So buddy don't do it no kitten is worth it. Just start doing things and blaming it on the kitten...that is much more fun.

Stay Safe,
Your Bud,
Cinnamon

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thank you all - I love the stories and comments from the dogs! These made me laugh until my side hurt. :) Also, makes me kind of grateful we don't have any cats around us. The mental image of that kitten sliding across the kitchen chair is priceless. They can be sneaky little creatures.

Poor Flynn - Abbey and Coco know that angry scream too but in our house it usually comes from their human Papa. But the other dogs here gave him good advise. Mom and Dad always win. It is a rule! :rolleyes: Well maybe not always, always :D thanks again for the Saturday morning laugh!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts