Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Fitz had a third paw surgery about 2.5 weeks ago (still stemming from the catus incident in October). They took a really big mass of tissue (that wasn't supposed to be there) from between 2 pads on his right front paw. We've been back to the vet 3 times for re-checks and re-bandages and meds. We were away over the weekend so the boys boarded at the vet's, like they always do. When we dropped them off, we saw the doc and he looked at the paw and said it was healing nicely, to which I agreed.

Fitz had 1 dose left of his amoxicillin, which I put in their bag and told the staff about. I wasn't too worried about his paw because he was at the vet's after all and I knew they would watch him. WELL, I go pick them up this morning and the tech brings him out with a new bootie and e-collar on, this bootie goes all the way up his leg and said, "Well, he opened his paw again over the weekend so we re-wrapped it and he chewed a hole in his other bootie." I was PISSED. :mad: We trusted them to watch him--they all knew what had been going on with him and DH and I worked SO hard to keep him quiet for 10 days so it could heal, all for nothing.

So now we have to go back for another re-check/re-bandage on Wed. AND to top it off, the last amox. dose was still in their bag when I emptied it at home. I'm going to say something to the vet on Wed. This whole thing has cost us an arm and a leg and now we get to pay for yet another visit this week. Sorry for the vent. I just hope it heals up before we leave in a few weeks--the boys are staying at their "country estate" (my parents' house!) for 3.5 weeks and I really don't want to have them dealing with this while we're gone...argh. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
AND to top it off, the last amox. dose was still in their bag when I emptied it at home.
Man-o-man. I would be pissed about that! :mad:

I think you should have a good talk with your vet when you see him/her this week. Your vet needs to know how displeased (to put it mildly) you are. Let him/her see the fire in your eyes!

Good luck! I hope poor Fitz's paw heals completely this time.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would let the vet know that I was unhappy with what happened.
I am not sure how good their supervision is. Is someone with them most of the time, or are they on their own for longer stretches of time? But they should definitely take care of all medical needs.
Hopefully this time everything will heal up nicely and quickly.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow, I can totally understand why you are pissed and needed to vent!!!

I would be pissed too and I wouldn't be paying for any recheck appointments either since it was on their watch that the wound opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts