Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was licking his (formerly) bad paw a lot today. I thought maybe the spring snow we had last night had irritated it so I took a close look. There's still a stich in there!!! :eek: No wonder he was licking it. Called the vet--"yes, it's supposed to come out, sorry we missed it, blah blah blah. Come in this afternoon (right at rush hour of course) and we'll take it out." Grrrr. Phone rings again 5 minutes later--"oh and by the way, the fecal we tested last week for Fitzgerald's annual exam came back positive for giardia." He hasn't been exhibiting any signs so he's probably just a carrier but FOR PETE'S SAKE MAN!!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm sorry to hear all of this! Good thoughts for Fitz!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Your vet missed taking a stitch out & then forgot to mention the small matter of giardia? :eek:

I think I'd be shopping around for a new vet. Poor little guy. :(

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Originally Posted by Garth
Your vet missed taking a stitch out & then forgot to mention the small matter of giardia?

I think I'd be shopping around for a new vet. Poor little guy.
How far are you from CSU at Ft. Collins, CO? I think their CollVetMed allows self-referrals.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How far are you from CSU at Ft. Collins, CO? I think their CollVetMed allows self-referrals.

Thanks, Bob. We're about 1.5 hours from Ft. Collins. If he continues to have problems with his paw, I'll give them a call--it would be worth the drive. Great idea.

The stitch came out without a problem. He's been fine all day today and we've taken a few substantial walks. He'll still take a boot with him to my parents when they go for a few weeks, starting next week.

I got the name of the vet the boys' trainer goes to for her search and rescue dogs, so I think we'll be going there next time we need to see a vet--which hopefully won't be for a loooong time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts