Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fitting for Attention, more then one Dog

I know a lot of us here have more then one dog in the house . Do you see any jealousy or do they in any way fight for your attention?

If I am patting Willow Autumn will jump on her back tug at her leg or do just about anything to get in the way…Willow will do the same thing to Autumn if I am patting her.

At night when I am sitting on the couch they fight over the “good daddy spot”…to the point hat if one gets down the other will immediately jump up and take over. you should see the pathetic look I get from the one that missed out…it’s actually quite funny to watch, usually it ends up with the first on up will lay on my lap then the other one will climb up and lay on top of the other one…nothing like having 120lbs of lab laying on your lap at night..

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Mutable?

Mutable dogs?

If Wes has a mute button, try as I might, I've never found it.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
"Multiple" perhaps.....

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Looks to me like the dogs get a better spot than the baby. My DH would be icing the sore spot on his ass if he did that with one of our kids.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks to me like the dogs get a better spot than the baby. My DH would be icing the sore spot on his ass if he did that with one of our kids.

Actually that his her favorite spot the baby loves to sit up and look around unfortunately when this picture was taken she wasn’t in a very good mood :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i love the pic!!!

dutch always gets the closest to mommy spot. if not, he whines for his spot. the girls stay frozen unless i make them move. i'm sure they are rolling their eyes at one another talking about what a sissy mommy's boy he is. ;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Our boys are not allowed on the furniture, so there's no problem there. ;)

They do tend to jostle one another for position if we start to pet one. Champ is much worse than Buddy. We can pet Champ and Buddy doesn't seem to mind, but if we put a hand on Buddy, Champ is sticking his big ol' head in there for attention, too.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Thunder is the one that ALWAYS get his nose bent outta shape if I am paying more attn. to one of the other dogs.

I think you need a bigger couch!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
koda is more abrassive than tucker.. she'll claim the spot beside me and tuck just lets her have it .. if i'm petting tuck.. koda isn't impressed, if i'm petting koda, tuck isn't.. really, i can't win.

Since koda has been crated for surgery.. tuck hasn't had to deal with it.. but he's not a cuddler.. he prefers his own space and will come lay beside me when he wants attention and then return to his side of the couch when he's done.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HAAAAAAAA! Great picture!! The dogpile cracked me up! :D We have 3 and they're pretty good. Tucker (the oldest) get jealous if we're paying attention to anyone other than him, but that's about it.

Huh? Why? The baby looks perfectly fine being held up by Daddy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts