Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my (kids) fish doesn't look well. Laying on the bottom and when I went to scoop him up (cuz I thought he was already dead), he swam off. Few minutes later....sunk back to the bottom. Roused it again and it swam. Again though, went back to the bottom.

Can I assume he/she won't be around much longer?

(please say yes, please say yes, please say yes................................................oops, was that out loud?)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hmm...i don't think he's gunna make it. Everytime my fish would do that, they'd be dead a few hours later.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Nope, doesn't sound good....you can always take him out and slam him down on the counter to quicken it, but it does sound like he's going.

W

·
0 Posts
Is it a goldfish? Sometimes they can get too fat and eat too much and sink after feeding. Or he could be not long for this world. Last one? I'm always so gungho when I get a few fish after a few years of not having any and then a few years later I can't wait for the last one to croak. I'm about ready to get some new ones again............. :)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Poor fishy. It doesn't sound good. :(

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WigWag said:
I'm always so gungho when I get a few fish after a few years of not having any and then a few years later I can't wait for the last one to croak.
That's exactly the current situation.

One *ding* and two to go.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I have two fish who love to hang out on the bottom. The only time they swim is to go to the top and get food. They have been doing it for months and seem completely happy. FWIW, they are goldfish.

(Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
They're not goldfish, they're mosquito fish or something like that, right? They don't have very long lifespans, 1-2 years at the most.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're Golden White Clouds ? ? ? Fancy name for mosquito fish perhaps? :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts