Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest has decided to give track a go. He is in 8th grade. This time last year he was wearing a boys size 14 slim pants, size 8 shoe, and was the shortest member of our 5 person family. Today he is wearing a size 27x32 pants (and those are getting to short)and wears a size 11 shoe. He is taller then all of us except his dad who is 6 foot (he passed up my 5 foot 8 inches a couple of months ago)
His sister played basketball, his brother is at college playing tennis and Jordan has decided he wants to play football and run track. I know nothing about track but I guess I will learn just like I learned about basketball and tennis.
It has been fun watching each individual child find their "thing".
I can't wait to see Jordan's long limbs in action today. He reminds me of a colt with his long body and limbs. He is surprisingly coordinated considering the rapid pace he has been growing. He is doing hurdles, the 100 and some jumping events.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Good luck to him! And have fun!

Earlier this year Riley mentioned track, but I just found out the season's already started so I guess he changed his mind!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Good luck to your son. Track can be fun to watch, but bring a chair for the long meets.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
This time last year he was wearing a boys size 14 slim pants, size 8 shoe, and was the shortest member of our 5 person family. Today he is wearing a size 27x32 pants (and those are getting to short)and wears a size 11 shoe. He is taller then all of us except his dad who is 6 foot (he passed up my 5 foot 8 inches a couple of months ago)
Wow Lisa, that's one helluva growing spurt in one year!!! Good for him!!!! I take it he went through puberty during that time? :D

Good luck with the track!!!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow Lisa, that's one helluva growing spurt in one year!!! Good for him!!!! I take it he went through puberty during that time? :D

Good luck with the track!!!
Yes we were dealing with puberty too. The voice change was a riot! He is such a funny, laid back kind of kid though he'd laugh about it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts