Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey dokey. I signed Simon up for Open on March 12 today.

Eeeeeeeek!

This one is going to be a little bit of a weird deal. It's part of a four-day conformation show, and they are only having obedience on one day, Friday. BUT, it is going to be after BIS for that day. On the program I read, it had "Dinner and Obedience: 6 pm - 11 pm. So we might be there at 11 at night, trying to do Open! :tape2: The good thing about that is, I will be too sleepy to be nervous.

The good news is, it is the same judge who qualified Angus after he failed to sit during any part of the heeling pattern in Novice, sniffed the crotch of one of the posts, and attempted to leave the ring in between sits and downs (he made it all the way to the gate and was only stopped by our training director). He Q'd with a 171. Ugliest thing you ever saw. Even *I* wouldn't have qualified him, and I'm his mother! LOL

Anyway...so we know this judge is charitable. Simon will really have to screw up in a major way (which I do realize is entirely probable for his first Open run). :D

Well, it will be good practice for us all.

Tomorrow night I'm going to class early. Our heeling instructor very kindly and generously agreed to help me by doing some Open run-throughs and giving me some pointers. I will probably take both boys and work with Simon on Open before class, then let Angus come out for heeling class.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I wish you good luck. I can't imagine showing at 11:00 at night. I could do it (I work nights you know) but my dogs would be asleep, LOL!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Good luck! We are showing in Open on that weekend too. Let's hope for good things all around!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Good luck! Be sure to try some training at that time of night beforehand

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's a good point Karen. Actually, now that I think about it, it may kind work in our favor, because I usually do training at home with them between 8:30 and 9 at night. So hey, maybe this will not be bad after all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts