Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our first class today and Harley did quie well! He has always been good at walking on the leash, and we learned how to do Sit and started on Stay. The funniest part was when the trainer was trying to get Harley over being shy with her. She decided to take Harley for a walk around the store where he promptly slipped out of his collar and tore around the place playing with other dogs and looking for us. All in all, we learned a LOT... :)

Kevin

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Ah! The old slip out of the collar trick. I've had a few who were masters at this. One (no longer with me, Scuppers) would even worm his way out of a snug fitting harness! :eek:

Glad it was a pretty good start for you.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's great ... the learning bit, not the collar slipping bit.

Dozer starts obedience classes in Aug.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Austin went to his first class on friday, he also did well learned watchme and did well, and really enjoyed playing with his new girlfriend he met there a 3.5 month old Golden Retriever. Glad Harley did well.

Jim

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Harley is going to be the smartest one in class, I just know it. Gracie is very good at sneaking out of the snuggest collar or harness. We call her houdini:)Good luck with the rest of your classes.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I couldnt help but laugh at him running thru the store with everyone trying to catch him...Glad he did well and I bet he graduates with honors!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
oh good! my first obedience class with tuck was a nightmare.. i was almost in tears.. bad dog!! We did win most improved by the end of the classes,t hough =)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I told the instructor about the problems we've been having with Alexander and Harley and she gave us some great tips. She called Olivia our Dog Whisperer and said even when Olivia came in with us to sign up for the class that she could tell Olivia had a special relationship with Harley and that they had become close. I was kind of shocked. :)

Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts