Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend we were in Coral Gables as she is a finalist for a full tuition scholarship from UM.......please keep her in your thoughts........they have already guaranteed her a 3/4 tuition scholarship, but full would be divine! They should be letting us know sometime early this coming week......

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That's just super. The dogs and I are doing our full scholarship dance as we speak (Reggie, quit stepping on my toes)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the well wishes, folks......the other 75 finalists there were some of the neatest seniors I have ever met.......it was fun to interact with them and hear all their dreams and hopes for the future.....great group of parents , too.......they were from all over the country.....California to Chicago to Texas to Massachusetts to Virginia to Florida........

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
That's terrific. Congrats on the 3/4 scholarship, and I hope the full scholarship goes through!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed here as well ;D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks all.......we are just pins and needles........she has worked hard......the full ride would be divine.......of course, they have offered her 3/4 tuition and a small financial aid package . In addition, she has won 2 scholarships ( one for $2000 a year and the other is for $500).....the money we put away for college can now go for her room and board.....so we can swing it regardless of the outcome, but full tuition would make it easier for sure..........she also has been accepted at Georgetown, UVA, William and Mary, and Emory University......we are so proud of her hard work........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts