Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long haul for a long weekend. New Years till Easter is without a long weekend is inhumane. We don't 'do' Easter, but I'm just thankful for the extra day off.

What's everyone up to?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Finally a long weekend (WARNING: No religion involved in thread)

SandieF said:
It's been a long haul for a long weekend. New Years till Easter is without a long weekend is inhumane.
As inhumane as clubbing baby seals? Sorry-I couldn't resist.

We don't get a long weekend. :( I hope you enjoy yours-sleep in an extra hour for me ;)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I get a four day as monday is included ;D

I have a Dora cake to make tomorrow, a three yr olds birthday (hence the Dora cake) on Saturday and two lemon merangue (sp?) pies for Sunday. I am also going to try to get some easter sugar cookies done but I'm not counting on it!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'll be baking until my arms fall off, then heading to Church and my Grandma's on Sunday. Oh, and watching DH snoring on the couch while 'watching' the kids. ::)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'll be taking my daughter for bloodwork Saturday morning, Shelby to her puppy class Saturday, nephew's b-day party Sat. night, church and aunt's house for Easter Sunday. I'm already exhausted.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Have a great weekend, Sandie. :)

I'm hoping to ship my kids off to my inlaws tonight until Saturday. Is that bad? If so, I don't care. bwahahahaha. (we need a devil emote)

No big plans, just Easter dinner on Sunday with my inlaws. It's been so much easier and stress-free since dh and his mom had a big argument and are no longer speaking.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
There's a big Easter egg hunt in town tomorrow, so we're taking the boys to that. Saturday, we're having dinner with my parents and hunting eggs with my brother's stepson and my cousins' children. Sunday, church and Easter bunny visits for the boys afterwards - probably more egg hunting. Hubby has to work on Sunday, so I may take the boys to the park if it warms up. We'll see...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: Finally a long weekend (WARNING: No religion involved in thread)

i am finishing my long weekend getting ready for my weekend on

so have fun this weekend

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I don't get a long weekend but it's going to be a long weekend. Saturday we have a lady coming to the house to do the little physical for our new life insurance policies, then off to my parents (1 1/2hr drive), then bridal shower to my cousin's fience, then spend some time with a cousin's going through some rough times. Hopefully Saturday night I'll get to visit some family and friends. Sunday it's church with mom and dad, then lunch with mom's side of the family, then back home for supper with the inlaws. It's going to be a busy weekend.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Have a nice weekend!

I'm looking forward to relaxing too. Even the stores are closed here tomorrow, so we really can't do anything, other than stuff around the house that needs to be done. Maybe FIL will bring the crib over and he and DH will set it up!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
New Years till Easter is without a long weekend is inhumane.
We don't get a long weekend at Easter, so it goes New Years till Memorial DAY!! Talk about inhumane.

That said, I did take tomorrow off though because Riley is on spring break and the poor kid has spent the whole week in daycare.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UH OH,

I never thought about no stores open tomorrow, I guess the start of my long weekend will involve getting groceries tonight after work.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why does everyone have a long weekend? Whats up with that. Easter is on Sunday and that is a normal day off for the whole world. I'm not religious so I think I'm missing something.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Mocha said:
Why does everyone have a long weekend? Whats up with that. Easter is on Sunday and that is a normal day off for the whole world. I'm not religious so I think I'm missing something.
Good Friday.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Nothing fancy, just hanging out with my family in PA, then probably taking Jake to the park if it's not oo bitter cold (those 80 degree days were a sick joke it seems now!)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OOOHHHHH. I forgot about that. Thanks. I will look that up and read about it. Sorry for my ignorance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts