Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
kaisdad said:
So I guess none of you look at it as an olive branch may have just been extended?
I do not trust Castro in the slightest. Makes me wonder what they are up to. It will take more than a statement like this to convince me he is sincere. Perhaps make things better for his people?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
kaisdad said:
So I guess none of you look at it as an olive branch may have just been extended?
I do.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
So the communist believes in the guy who thinks more government is the way to fix all our problems. Shocking.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Ender's Mom said:
Personally I'd rather a country that is 90 miles away be a friend and not an enemy.
Obviously. The question is what you're willing to give up to make that happen.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
So the communist believes in the guy who thinks more government is the way to fix all our problems. Shocking.
Thanks for the laugh. I really needed it today.

Ender's Mom said:
Personally I'd rather a country that is 90 miles away be a friend and not an enemy.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Thats my motto.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I'm ready for a change in the US policy to Cuba -- the position we've taken for the last 50 years isn't working. Maybe some of the 2nd generation Cubans in Florida can help us construct one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bob Pr. said:
I'm ready for a change in the US policy to Cuba -- the position we've taken for the last 50 years isn't working. Maybe some of the 2nd generation Cubans in Florida can help us construct one.
If it means getting a decent seegar in this country could happen again, then bring down the walls!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
myfavoritedog said:
kaisdad said:
I do not trust Castro in the slightest. Makes me wonder what they are up to. It will take more than a statement like this to convince me he is sincere. Perhaps make things better for his people?
This might be a simpler task if trade with the US were opened, which can't be done if the US doesn't except said olive branch.

·
Registered
609 Posts
And they wonder why we are all worried about our country!

I dont' care how close an enemy lives, ya can't always "make friends with them". Sorry to burst your little bubbles, but "being friends" isn't always possible. The thought that some of the leaders of places are so happy for Obama,etc. worry me.

:no:

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
This might be a simpler task if trade with the US were opened, which can't be done if the US doesn't accept said olive branch.
That's historically been more powerful for us than having nothing to do with a nation.

One joking definition of insanity is continuing to do what doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Lovemyalliegirl said:
And they wonder why we are all worried about our country!

I dont' care how close an enemy lives, ya can't always "make friends with them". Sorry to burst your little bubbles, but "being friends" isn't always possible. The thought that some of the leaders of places are so happy for Obama,etc. worry me.

:no:
Gee - we used to not "be friends" with Japan not all that long ago. Worked that one out ok. And they actually DID bomb us.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts