Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We still open July 17.

A shift in REHEARSAL dates was mis-construed as a shift in OPENING dates.

I'm excited either way, though.

Blocking contines. Songs are coming together. Dances are starting to gel.

If only this beard didn't ITCH so much................................

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sounds like things are going well! Can't imagine having a beard during the heat of the summer. Fortunately for Dh and myself, I don't expect to ever have too!:)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Having never seen a stage production of Fiddler I've been meaning to ask...how are you doing the ghosts?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hehe how does Eileen like the beard? When John goes on his "I'm on vacation therefore razors are forbidden" kick I tend to stay away from his face as well - scratches me too!

How is the dweckette liking it? Glad to hear you're having fun :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Im sad I cant come see it. Money is too tight and Im just flying out to VT for the weekend instead of road tripping.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Dan,

Don't forget us JLer's who'll be in the house! :D

BTW, how do we go about getting tickets?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Yep, we play to be in the audience. Wouldn't miss it!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Good luck!

Are you doing the expurgated scene where Tevye forestalls the pogrom with vicious, explicitly violent vigilante justice? If I remember correctly, Motel is exposed as an informant for the Tsarist troops and Tevye kills him by slicing his throat with a piano wire in full view of Tzeitel.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having never seen a stage production of Fiddler I've been meaning to ask...how are you doing the ghosts?
Mostly costumes and makeup. but

<<<spoiler alert>>>

Fruma-Sarah -- the butcher's first wife -- is going to be on painters' stilts, w/her dress extra-long to cover it. That way, she'll tower over me but still be mobile enough to chase me around. We haven't blocked all that yet, but I've seen her practicing. Should be way cool!

Hehe how does Eileen like the beard?
She's okay w/it. I went to kiss her a couple of days ago, and I did a very light peck and she frowned. "What kind of kiss was THAT??" And I said, "I didn't want to scritch you." "C'mere," she said, and gave me a good'un. So I guess it's not interfering much.....

How is the dweckette liking it?
Having a ball. Meeing new friends. And she loves our commutes to/from rehearsal. We run lines. She's tough. She keeps me VERY true to the book!

Im sad I cant come see it.
Boo!!! There are plans, however, to shoot a DVD of the show. I should have a copy before the summer's over. YouTube?? Or at least I can lend it to you, Laurie. The rest of yiz can order it on NetFlix.

Lines. How are lines. Anyone off book yet? I mean really off book?
Yenta is. Amazing because she has these GIANT paragraphs of dialog. I am getting there (see note about dweckette's help above). Act 1 is about 75% in place. Act 2.... maybe 40%. But the directors have revised the schedule and are now saying OFF BOOK by June 17. I'll make it. I may stumble during rehearsals after that, but I should be book-free.

My challenge is that so much of what Tevye says is similar. He judges each of the suitors, eventually decides they're 'good, honest men,' and 2 outta 3 times, comes 'round to permitting them to join his family. I need to keep all those small moments separate in my mind.

If I remember correctly, Motel is exposed as an informant for the Tsarist troops and Tevye kills him by slicing his throat with a piano wire in full view of Tzeitel.
Faulty memory, my friend. Tevye stitches Motel's lips shut with the new sewing machine.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Is it a full beard, Dan? Or just a 5 o'clock shadow type of thing?

This is great, Claire will remember this always. HUGE bonding time for the both of you. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am shaving my neck. So it stops at my jawline. I figured the full-neck thing would look really sloppy, and I *do* have to appear somewhat respectable for work, which would probably frown on the whole homeless-man look.

It is //getting// full. Plenty of gray, which works for Tevye.

I forgot a question:

BTW, how do we go about getting tickets?
From what I remember seeing these shows in Summer 2008 and Summer 2007, it's pretty easy to just walk up to the box office and get in. The auditorium is huge. Not like it's going to sell out....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts