Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not adjust to this time change well. It goes against my inner clock to get up an hour earlier. Thank god for the daylight at the end of the day and the promise of warmer days ahead. I just want to curl up and go back to sleep. :yawn:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I hate it around the time we switch (either way) because in the spring and fall it's still dark when I wake up. Being lighter later is nice, but I'd rather have some sun in the morning when my alarm clock goes off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's killing me and I won't get home until 8:00pm tonight. Gah.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I am equally as scrambled. The day doesn't 'feel' right.

Spring-forward is always bad for a church musican. We can't sleep in on Sundays and make up that hr. Yesterday, 5:30AM sure FELT/LOOKED like 4:30AM........

And the Spring-forward thing always jolts Wes out of a sound sleep. Not that he's not eager to go w/in 10 seconds of waking up. But when that alarm jangles us, he's always like "WTF?!?!?!?!"

But then again, during Fall-back, he's in my face that entire extra hour:

"Now, Dad?"
[...]
"Now?"
[...]
"Dad?"
[...]
"Howbout it"
[...]
"Dad?
[...]
"Now, Dad?"
[...]
"Ummm, Dad?"
[...]

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Ohhhh I am dragging too. This is just not right, to screw with people's time. By the time it changes back I'll be used to it but still won't like it. Then that extra hour will feel sooooo good. Why can't they just leave it alone! Ok, I'm done crabbing about it....for now. This morning I told my husband I hate getting up at 5:50. He says it's 6:50, and I said no, it's 5:50 and my body knows the difference.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The clock read 8:30 Sunday morning and Dukesmom said, "Sleep in, it's actually only 7:30." I told her "Wrong way, it's actually 9:30." She was messed up by TWO hours.
Don't know why we still need DST.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I hate springing forward! Yesterday seemed to fly by. It will be nice to drive home in daylight, though.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am so looking forward to walking the dogs at night though now that we have light after work.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
It usually messes with my really bad, but for some reason I didn't notice this year. My kids didn't notice until this morning when they walked out of the door, and came back to ask why it was so dark outside. I told them we turned the clocks ahead, and they both said, "When?"

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I've said many times before, I just wish they would leave the clock alone! Next presidential or Govenor race, I'm running for any of them that says " and lets leave the clock alone" - see it really is the little things:wacko:
:rofl:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'm up at 4 every morning and hit the hay around 9. The time change is a small adjustment that really doesn't bother me. My bladder must have auto time change as I was up at 4 Sunday....the new 4.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
The "spring forward" change always bothers me more than the "fall back" one. It sure felt like 4:00 am when I got up this morning, even though the dumb clocks all said 5:00 am.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts