Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...
I haven't posted lately since the day that I almost gave Duke back to the shelter. What a sad day that would have been... :(
I am so glad that I wrote to you all before I did that--you gave me some great advice and hope for the future, and we have a wonderful puppy because of it!
Things are going so much better at our household...he's completely worm-free, vaccinated, has gained 15 pounds--he now weighs 30lbs, at 16 wks! Woohoo!
I have read in a couple of dog-training books, that it is better to feed larger breed puppies adult food, instead of puppy food...so, as soon as I finished the second bag of IAMS puppy, I switched both my kiddos over to Innova. (My older girl is 6 yrs old) Well, now I am second-guessing myself. I don't know what is the best thing to do...do you all have any opinions about this? I know I need to ask my vet about it, but I thought I'd see what you all though first!
Thanks for the help! I'll post some recent pics as soon as I get home tonight.
Meg

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Studies show that a proper Large Breed Puppy food like Iams, Eukanuba, Proplan are much better. I fed my first Lab an adult food as a puppy and I wish I had not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts