Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me there are some do's and don'ts when feeding mackerel but I cannot remember. I am having a hard time finding water packed sardines around here. Fed the last can today. For those who feed mackerel can you share any tips you might have? Also amount per serving. With the sardines they each get a can. The mackerel I found is 15 ozs or maybe 16 when I went looking today. TIA

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
the stuff you find in the cans is ok to feed. I think it's king mackerel maybe? that is not. i just know the stuff in the cans is ok. get them some canned salmon too, mom!! ;)
the canned mackerel usually comes in 4-5 fish sections. i usually give each of them their own fishie.
don't let my kids see this because they have not had any for awhile!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I used to give the canned mackerel to Shadow once in a while. I'd split the can into four servings to start with, because I *think* the mackerel is oilier and richer than sardines. Beware of the mackerel burps - they can be deadly. ;)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If it is like the can mackerel like I get here I can split the can for the two dogs. Do you want me to keep my eyes out for some water packed sardines?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts