Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is golf mad and i try to be as supportive of his hobby as i can. He is currently watching some golf coverage and all the presenters keeping going on about is Tiger Woods return to golf, and his personal problems. The man is an idiot for what he done but do we really need to keep hearing about it? I am fed up about reading about supposed celebrities screwed up lives, in the UK a footballer and his popstar wife are getting a divorce - why is this news?? People are dying the world over, we still need a cure for cancer - thier screwing around is not news. We (as in the UK) had a soldier who had just returned from Afghanistan, during his leave he was on a bike ride and hit a pothole which sent him off his bike and into the path of an oncoming lorry. he died, but that got bumped to page 11 of the newspaper as the first 10 pages where taken up with 'so called' celebrity lives - i am sick of it.

And i pay road tax, council tax, income tax - why are our roads like that of a 'poor' country, that end up taking the lives of those who work to protect us - so mad right now..... :yell:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
We are sick of it, too. I just change the channel or put some music on or go play with the dogs and get into my own world.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Believe me, we are sick of it on this side of the pond too. Almost as much as the Michael Jackson thing. Good grief, once its reported move on to something else...gee whiz.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
This kind of crap used to be covered by the supermarket tabloids, legitimate news coverage ignored the crap. Now they all do anything they can to get readers/viewers. It is all about sensationaism and over exaggeration. All these immature misbehaviors are lousy examples to present in front of children as examples of proper behavior. Hell! If Tiger did it, I want to do it. The behavior is not going to stop. It has been going on since the beginning of time, since there were men and women. The coverage and putting it in front of us and our kids and grandkids is not going to stop, until the public turns away from those presenting it, sends letters to the stations and newspapers, sends letters stating the products advertized and supporting the crap will be boycotted to the manufacturers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts