Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
sad, sad, sad, that They (the current U.S. government) waste precious resources on the citizenry rather than on the actual "domestic enemies" of the U.S. Constitution.....

But on second thought, I consider the present Administration to be the most blatant current domestic enemy of the U.S. Constitution; so, I'm not really surprised, just sad and worried about the fate of the U.S. as we have known it.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I bet they are going even further than this. I think they are trying to get access to private citizen's library records and wiretapping phones without a warrant.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I bet they are going even further than this. I think they are trying to get access to private citizen's library records and wiretapping phones without a warrant.
Ohhhhh - I was already to blast into this one until I saw it was you - Mapes! You get it - I wonder how many other people see the irony in this sudden concern for "citizen rights"? That was almost the worst thing that I thought the Bush adminstration did - not even slowly, just blatently and under the name of "protecting us" went in and wiretapped, read library records, tortured people - but don't worry folks, if you weren't doing anything "wrong" you would be OK- right? I would imagine that the FBI always tries to check stuff like this out - anybody remember the 60's? That's why it IS important to protect our private rights as citizens, and not just when it is convenient for us, or we believe, or don't believe in the cause. Cuz you'll never know who they might decide the "bad guy" is - it might be you next.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
This has been going on for a long time. My husband was an active environmentalist for years (in the 80's mostly)and as soon as I met him my phone was wiretapped. It was an interesting experience.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
This has been going on for a long time. My husband was an active environmentalist for years (in the 80's mostly)and as soon as I met him my phone was wiretapped. It was an interesting experience.
Cool! (the environmental activist part) - you'll have to tell me more - SU and I have never been activists, but we've always been environmentalists.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
But I thought the Big Oh was bringing in a new era, better times, transparency and freedom and butterflies and rainbows and all that??

Wha' happun??

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
But I thought the Big Oh was bringing in a new era, better times, transparency and freedom and butterflies and rainbows and all that??

Wha' happun??

he did, the FBI didn't shoot any of them this time.:D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
who GAS? this has been going on for years....doesn't bother me. Just like giving my finger print for my driver's license didn't bother me. If you have nothing to hide; what's the big deal? Now if they start peeking at my celluite when I'm in the shower...THAT I will GAS about.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
While I was a student at WSU (1986-90), we had a march to protest the Aryan Nations headquartered at Hayden Lake, Idaho. The FBI were all over the place watching the crowd. This was the era of Reagan and Bush, so it didn't really surprise anybody. Funny they were concerned about a bunch of students protesting a group of inbred neo-Nazis.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
who GAS? this has been going on for years....doesn't bother me. Just like giving my finger print for my driver's license didn't bother me. If you have nothing to hide; what's the big deal? Now if they start peeking at my celluite when I'm in the shower...THAT I will GAS about.

It's the "if you have nothing to hide" part that people don't think about. Sure - you think you're a law-abiding citizen - but you just never know what might considered "suspect" in the future. There were alot of lawabiding citizens in Russia who spent their lives in Siberia , China, many other countries where "law -abiding" citizens are taken away and not heard from again. I absolutely believe in trying to protect our personal information rights as citizens - and not just when it doen'st affect me.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I don't think I'll continue in the thread, because I have the day off and want to actually accomplish something:D, and this is the kind of thread that will consume me, but just want to add that I can't believe that anyone would think that this is something new for the Obama administration - like labby said - the government has ALWAYS done this.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'd love to respond to this but I can't now......I'm being watched.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
While I was a student at WSU (1986-90), we had a march to protest the Aryan Nations headquartered at Hayden Lake, Idaho. The FBI were all over the place watching the crowd. This was the era of Reagan and Bush, so it didn't really surprise anybody. Funny they were concerned about a bunch of students protesting a group of inbred neo-Nazis.
I was at a few of these myself. I always thought they were there to protect us from the Nazis!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The big deal is the constitution.

By the way, they do peek at your cellulite at the airport security checkpoint.:)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

Or as it is for many folks, the parts they think are important and not the document as a whole.;):rolleyes::eek:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes
this is a big deal
constitution is there to protect us

don't have anything to hide like patm
but she's correct
I absolutely believe in trying to protect our personal information rights as citizens - and not just when it doen'st affect me.
for this reason we have the constitution
once that is gone
we're in trouble

1 - 20 of 38 Posts