Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno what its called, but it completely ground my office computer to a halt. :eek: Especially the internet. I would open Explorer and it would immediately close the window. And it disabled my MacAfee protection.

Computer guru came in and tried several different malware programs to try to clear it, but ended up having to rebuild my entire system from scratch. The first thing he said to me when I came in this a.m. was "Stay off Facebook" and that they were now blocking the site.

So, FYI...can't completely confirm its from FB, but...its the most likely culprit. I usually access FB from my Iphone now anyways so no more worries here.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
interesting...I've been getting Operation failed, etc and shuts down my FB at home. Thought it was my home laptop, but it does it on my work desktop too.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's also another one that keeps popping up a fake warning that your computer has been infected and you need to update your virus protection software. I got that one before and I know several other who got it. I think I got it from Wordtwist on FB. That seems to be particularly buggy.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
That fake warning isn't just FB...I got it on yahoo reading the news! Freaked me out too.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
the games on facebook lock up our computers at work...makes it sound like a jet plane taking off...
This used to happen with my old computer. I was told not enough ram. I also had heaps of dust in it and was told the noise was from the fans trying to work.

I am 90% sure f.b. is to blame for most of the hic cups I have on this new computer.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
There's also another one that keeps popping up a fake warning that your computer has been infected and you need to update your virus protection software. I got that one before and I know several other who got it. I think I got it from Wordtwist on FB. That seems to be particularly buggy.
My 63yr old mother got one like that, as well. I'll have to tell her to knock off the games on fb.

·
Registered
869 Posts
This one happened to me about two weeks ago. I don't do facebook either, my computer is now fixed and I run Google Chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts