Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the past, I had to approve people who wanted to be friends. Now it seems they can just add me. Is there a way to put it back to my needing approval? I don't remember changing anything. TIA.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I have no idea. I still get the friend requests and have to click "confirm." I didn't know you could even turn that off.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I didn't know you could turn it off, either. I've had 500+ friend requests playing games, and I've had to confirm them all.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know where it is to set it up? I can't seem to find it under privacy.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I thought that you always had to approve friends - don't know why yours would have changed without you knowing it - will be interesting to see if some knows anything about this.....

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I'm with the others... I thought you always had to confirm every friend request... how alarming Laura!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i think you still have to confirm them. they have some new thing where they are sending friend requests to your contacts....annoying. when i looked at my friends list i had a bunch of friend requests that i did not request as friends. but i still have to approve/confirm the add.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok someone apparently requested a friendship, but I have no idea where to find that. It used to appear in the upper right hand corner, but it's not there anymore.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
it might be reading your email list if you connected it when you first signed up i had several of those and they didn't show up in the top right hand corner. i think it's because the person themselves didn't actually request it but the computer did...does that make sense?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
hmmm the requests aren't in the top right corner of the "Home" page?

Did you go to Account Settings and then Notifications???

Check out over there. I am going ot log in now and see if there's something there that can be changed...

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I have mine set so they have to message me and ask.

Go into the settings box on the top right. It says manage privacy. In there you can do it.
You can do it so no one can find you at all or send you a message.

This is the only thing I do have a handle on in FB

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have that set, but still don't see any notification ANYWHERE that I have friends to approve. I know I have one waiting, but I don't see it.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
It won't show it in the top right hand corner if someone uploaded their email contacts when they joined facebook. Say for instance you have a facebook account and then that person joins and uploads their email address book. It will show in your friends list awaiting friendship thingy but not in the right hand corner. It means that person did not physically go search for you and request your friendship but it did a search of their email contacts and did it that way.
Also if you uploaded your email addresses, anytime someone from there joins F/B, it will automatically see them and put that person in your friends list awaiting friendship.
However, if someone physically requests you as their friend, it should still show up in the top right hand corner. I clicked off the ones in my friends list. If someone wants to be my friend I figure they will go to the trouble on their own to ask. :)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't see the answer for my question there, but thanks.

I'm lost. I don't see any way to approve someone.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm getting email notifications that someone friended me and needs to be confirmed. What I'm not getting on my "home" page is the link to confirm someone. Nothing shows up.

Here's my "home" page, minus people's posts and stuff which I took out. I should have something above the "Suggestion" showing that I have a friend request. I don't.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts