Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wedding to go to Friday night. I got this dress last night at Macy's. It was on sale for $30!!!! I love it. So can I get away with black shoes? The girl is the pic looks really cute in red shoes but I hate to but a pair any only wear them once. Plus I have a cute black clutch.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe some other peeps with more highly tuned fashion senses would jump in here but I think the black shoes and black clutch would be just fine.

CUTE dress btw. Love it!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Have you tried it on with black shoes?

I would try it on and see how it looks.

I *think* it would look good. Especially if you have a black clutch.

I wouldn't wear hose.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really hot here lately so I probably won't wear black hose.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Ok- Question about the black shoes-

What do they look like? LOL.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmmm.....they are open toes with a strap around my toes and have a thin strap around my ankle. They have a back to them. Does that make any sense at all?? LOL!!
I also have a pair with no back and a bunch of little straps by my toes.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I think that dress screams strappy shoe. Sounds like either pair would work. The more I look at the dress, the more I think black shoes will look good.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sawyersammy said:
I'd go with the no-back strappy ones. ;) Definitely no hose.
Ok my white as snow legs will be on display on friday!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Get some self tanning lotion for those white legs! LOL.

You can get ones that add just a touch of color. I used one last summer to even out my farmers tan for a wedding.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oooo pretty dress, black shoes will look nice. (no hose)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
From a guy's perspecive.... that dress would look good with any foot wear! Okay swim fins would be a bit much.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Strappy black shoes (high heels of course!) and a black clutch will be good with it. Do you have earrings and/or a bracelet that are black and red, which would totally pull the look together?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Strappy black shoes, black clutch, no hose. Hose is very winter-ish in my opinion and would look funny this time of year. Heck, I never wear hose ANY time of hear. ;)

And get some black bangle bracelets to go with.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
jakeysmom said:
I have a wedding to go to Friday night. I got this dress last night at Macy's. It was on sale for $30!!!! I love it. So can I get away with black shoes? The girl is the pic looks really cute in red shoes but I hate to but a pair any only wear them once. Plus I have a cute black clutch.
IMO. red only goes with nude/neutral or a metallic (silver, gold/bronze) a delicate strappy sandal or delicate open toe mule would be great with that dress. I wouldn't do black...to "heavy" if that makes any sense? I don't like the red shoes with it...too "matchy", not "well coordinated" just, "matchy". That's just me and my personal style/taste though, you'll look great whatever you choose. (NO hose :-X)

Ypu will definately get use out of a nice strappy metallic sandal...goes with anything...same with a nude/neutral.

That dress doesn't need a lot of "gear" either. an arm full of bangles (again...delicate) OR some drop earrings. I'd say no to the earring/necklace combo...overkill & will detract from the dress, better to have one piece stand out. that neckline would be great without a necklace.

Also, purse & shoes don't need to match. It's about coordinating rather than "matchy-matchy"...don't worry, you will look beautiful, and please post a pic of you in that sassy number! ;D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
OK, I am a pro-fess-in-al fashion con-sult-ant, all wrong, you need a 2 piece calico day dress with a bustle back, a bustle, a nice hat with dead birds and dead flowers on it, some lace up or button up ladies high topped shoes and a corset. ;D Despite what you see at the mall, the corset goes under the dress and over the camisole, ;D 2 or 2 full petty coats would help fill it out or a hoop would also. Pantaloons would also be needed. ::)

Oh, did you mean 21st century, woops, see ya in another thread. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts