Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SIL (my BIL's wife) is doing so much better. She's in a regular patient room now, the nurses have her up walking a bit, and she should be out of the hospital by the end of the week. :)

My other SIL (my brother's wife) had to stay an extra night because she started running a fever, but she was able to come home today.

My nephew is doing terrific too! He's such a little fighter. He's responding well to his steroid shots, and the plan is to wean him off the respirator the end of this week also. He just needs to gain a bit of weight since he's only 2 pounds 10 ounces, and he has to be 5 pounds before he can leave the hospital. :)

I have some pictures of the little guy. You can't see very much, and the pictures aren't that great since he's in an incubator right now. I will warn you that he does have a lot of wires, and he has jaundice so he has blinders over his eyes for the bilirubin lights.

If you'd like to see the pictures, scroll down (doing this in case someone opens and doesn't want to see a baby in NICU).

I have more but they're all about the same. He has a head full of hair to have been born at 28 weeks! Both of our brothers had babies with heads full of hair. All of our babies were bald as could be! lol

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Continuing good thoughts for all of them. So glad that things seem to be getting better on balance.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
AAAWWWW He is really cute! Reminds me of my oldest (now 18) she was born at 29 weeks,3 lbs stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks. She is now 5 foot 93 lbs and will be starting at Rowan University in August (got $$ for running Cross Country). Your brothers little man will be off and running in no time! you all have my prayers.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I am glad everyone is doing well. Your nephew is sweet. He looks just like my grandsons (twins) did in the NICU. They were born at 31 weeks. They are doing well. Continued good thoughts for all of them. :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. MIL said he came off the respirator today! He's doing awesome. Now he just needs to gain 2.5 pounds. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Those pictures sure do tug at my heartstrings. I'm so glad to hear that he's dong better!! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts