Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy from high school requested me as a friend I remembered him and said OK. I saw in his profile he was married. I had always thought he was gay in high school. Apparently I was right he posted some thing in the debate section about the Gay gene. It just seemed like an odd thing to post. He is the President of some organizarion for people that are gay and don't want to be. Am I off base here? He is ignoring being gay and is married because he is following Christ. I guess I just think you should be true to yourself. Seems weird to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
A guy from high school requested me as a friend I remembered him and said OK. I saw in his profile he was married. I had always thought he was gay in high school. Apparently I was right he posted some thing in the debate section about the Gay gene. It just seemed like an odd thing to post. He is the President of some organizarion for people that are gay and don't want to be. Am I off base here? He is ignoring being gay and is married because he is following Christ. I guess I just think you should be true to yourself. Seems weird to me. What do you think?
Well I definitely think being gay or straight is a genetic determination...no one chooses their orientation...we all developed into being attracted to a certain gender...by hormones..genes...whatever...but not choice.

As for how this guy is choosing to live...it's his choice. Maybe he goes both ways? who knows? Not everyone wants to be open about their sexuality.....most people don't choose to discuss what they do in their bedroom among others....and some want to keep their orientation private...nothing wrong with that either. I'm amazed how society says how we "should" do things when it comes to private matters....it's okay for people--gay or straight to keep their intimate life and behaviors to themselves....

And maybe being true to Christ as you said, is more important to him and his interpretation of what that means....than living a life according to his orientation??

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I don't think being gay is a choice, but obviously he made a choice as to how he wants to live his life. I'm assuming since it's "public" (i.e. on Facebook)... his wife is supportive.

It must be hard though. To know you want something, and going against it for whatever reasons... has to be difficult.

I can't even for one second imagine dating anyone that I am not attracted to, much less married to them.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
I guess I just think you should be true to yourself. Seems weird to me. What do you think?
Well, i think everyone is guilty of not being true to who they are.. public perception, peer pressure, tolerance, whatever the reason, everyone is guilty at some time or another of not being true to themselves.. why should you hold someone to a higher standard that in general, people fail at?

If he feels this way, that's his right.. the problem only occurs when he feels other people /should/ feel the same way and condemns them if they don't.

no?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Maybe he lives in a state where gay marriage is legal.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You can follow Christ and be gay. You can belong to a church and be gay - it depends on the church. You can also be married to the same-sex person in other countries and for a short time in CA and wasn't there some east coast state too?

I guess I'm not understanding your question.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
kelli said:
Princess Zoe said:
I guess I just think you should be true to yourself. Seems weird to me. What do you think?
Well, i think everyone is guilty of not being true to who they are.. public perception, peer pressure, tolerance, whatever the reason, everyone is guilty at some time or another of not being true to themselves.. why should you hold someone to a higher standard that in general, people fail at?
Wow, very wise words. I agree. Sometimes it's impossible to truly be true to yourself.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess what is perplexing me is that if you hated who you were/are and now try to "educate" people on why it's wrong why would you tell the world about it. Just seems weird to me.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
I **think** I saw a program where this is a requirement of some type of Christian homosexual reprograming program - but not entirely sure it was a factual not a drama program - that COULD explain it, Pam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts