Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my cell no. on my page for clients who need to get ahold of me, and have had no trouble about it- but today, I have received three text messages one after the other, "Facebook Mobile confirmation code:" followed by a series of letters.

Any idea what this is? My facebook page has no similar messages....

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Dunno. I had mine up on my page for awhile, but took it down. I was hoping someone on there would call me, but they didn't. LOL

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I think it might be the thing you can set up so that if anyone comments/sends you a message/etc it would send a text message to your phone..? Maybe? There is a ton of stuff you can do on Facebook with your phone now.. freaks me out!

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would be great if i had a crackberry.. kinda silly on my el-cheapo tiny cell phone though..

it IS possible to be too connected, isn't it?

Does anyone know how to cancel this? I don't want to have to keep paying for text messages...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yes. When you recieve a confirmation code, it's to confirm your cell number with facebook. This allows for facebook mobile and also is a way to confirm your identity so you dont have to keep entering in the alpha picture messages.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's for blackberrys, though? I don't have 'alpha picture messages" and I've never signed up for facebook mobile..

I think I might call my cell provider tomorrow, I don't want to get whacked with charges for something I really don't want or need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts