Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, FB peeps:

Do any of you have that Friend who's online personality is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the person you know. I friended hubby's cousin and she is the very meek, shy quiet person....and online she sounds like a party person! Its so weird!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
On FB, I am a 68 y.o. Jewish mother, spending her days kvetching about my son the librarian who could've been a doctor.

Oy.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I know several people on AOL who have profiles that are complete lies.

Actually, make that MOST people on AOL have profiles that are at least partial fanatsy/fallacy/ or outright blatant lies!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
You'll find me on FB & myspace under Jane Jones. :D Jane lives in Bosnia Herzegovina & was born on the 1st Jan 1980.

I only joined them to get into someone's profile (the pig that attacked my Aunt). I sure wasn't going to give my real details to do that! ;)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
In reality, I am an 18-year-old girl in Moldova with a webcam. And credit-card processing capabilities.
If I give you my social security number could you help me contact the Nigerian Prince who wants to give me my bazillion dollar inheritance?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
You can be whomever you want on the Internet. Some people who are shyer in RL aren't as much when they're online.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I only have five friends on facebook, all relatives, so I wouldn't know. I am very reserved in RL and I am not really that fun online either. I guess to each his own.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i am terribly shy in RL, but once i get to know someone i'm pretty much the person you see online. i don't think that's a lie.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
i am terribly shy in RL, but once i get to know someone i'm pretty much the person you see online. i don't think that's a lie.
Exactly. It's quite possible their Facebook personality is more true to self than what some people see in real life.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Me, too. I've practiced really hard over the years to act less shy and awkward, but if you meet me and I seem friendly and relaxed the first time, it's all an act. :) I loosen up pretty quickly, though, if I like you.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Me, too. I've practiced really hard over the years to act less shy and awkward, but if you meet me and I seem friendly and relaxed the first time, it's all an act. :) I loosen up pretty quickly, though, if I like you.
They should make a reality show for people like us.

"Watch a group of socially awkward introverts slowly emerge from their shell. The first person to warm up will win $1,000,000 and a trip to an isolated island, far away from all those obnoxious extroverts."

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
They should make a reality show for people like us.

"Watch a group of socially awkward introverts slowly emerge from their shell. The first person to warm up will win $1,000,000 and a trip to an isolated island, far away from all those obnoxious extroverts."
SIGN me up!!!!:)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
You can be whomever you want on the Internet. Some people who are shyer in RL aren't as much when they're online.

I'm shyer on the net than I am in person.:D Ask my wife or some of my co-workers.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts