Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal. I am currently battling a family of pigeons that is trying to set up housekeeping on my roof. I cannot express how much I hate pigeons and everything that goes with them. To a point where I just might have not been thinking clearly.

So last evening I was standing in the front yard when they landed on the roof about 25 feet above me. I picked up a very small rock, considered the odds of hitting them versus the chance of hitting my husband's beloved car in the driveway, and hurled it as hard as I could at said pigeons. In a series of ricochets that can only be described as extemely unlikely at best, the very, very small rock took a nasty turn towards my husband's beloved car and hit the windshield. Very loud cracking sound followed by watching the cracks spread out through the entire windshield. Honestly I didn't know whether to laugh or cry; I just stood there stunned and thanking God the husband is on a business trip and didn't see it happen.

So the moral dilemna. Go with the very easy lie that a car in front of me kicked up a rock, or cop to the fact that I threw a rock at pigeons and broke his beloved car's windshield.

This is all complicated by the fact that he still gives me grief about the time I bounced a golf ball off a neighbors window with a 7 iron.

I believe in honesty, but isn't this one of those stories that you either take to your grave or don't tell for years and years until you're sure he'll find it amusing?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I would get the window fixed while he is away, they can usually do it in a day or less. Then tell the story over a drink or two! Have to say your story made me laugh. Its something that would happen to me:D

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I agree- get it fixed before he gets home. :)

Or else, just say it was a stray rock. Don't take the blame! You'll never hear the end of it.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Hey - it really WAS a stray rock. You didn't throw it AT the car, after all. Not a lie. =)

I agree with Aim.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
HaHa! Sorry, that's funny. I say get if fixed, then tell him. I could never not tell on myself, I'd be afraid something might slip someday.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I would tell him, and also tell him that I'm having it fixed before he gets home.

You really tried to kill a pigeon with a rock? :(

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I'm going to put a vote in for getting the windshield fixed while he is still away, and definitely don't mention the heaving of the rock!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've already made the phone calls to see if it can be fixed today. He comes home tonight. It's got all that rain sensing crap built into it and nobody has it in stock. He's also going to notice the $800 missing from the checking account so I can't pretend it didn't happen at all.

I think it may really come down to his mood when he walks in the door. Good trip, missed me, happy to be home equals the truth. Grumpy, tired and wondering why I didn't get all the work done I said I would equals telling a bit of a story.

Weird thing was that I immediately felt like an 8 year old who had broken something and looked around really quickly to see if anybody had seen me do it.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You really tried to kill a pigeon with a rock? :(
Mostly I tried to nudge him. However, if I could catch him I would twist his stupid pigeon/rat head off his stupid pigeon/rat body.

My love of all things animal does not extend to pigeons.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yikes.

FLY PIGEONS, FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Won't your insurance cover it? We have free windshield repair with ours, or I think all we pay is a 50.00 deduct. Sorry its not such an easy fix. I'm not sure what my plan B would be- DH never gets to work up over stuff like that, not even when I backed up into the gargage door, I was pretty pre-occupied and hmmm forgot to hit the opener!:eek: Hope it all works out!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Mostly I tried to nudge him. However, if I could catch him I would twist his stupid pigeon/rat head off his stupid pigeon/rat body.

My love of all things animal does not extend to pigeons.
:D:D I'm glad we don't have pigeons around here! What a nasty bird and aren't they really noisy!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I dunno. It sounds like grounds for divorce to me. :rolleyes:

So the moral dilemna. Go with the very easy lie that a car in front of me kicked up a rock, or cop to the fact that I threw a rock at pigeons and broke his beloved car's windshield.
I'd go for plan A. Think of it this way. You're not lying ......... you're just not telling the truth. :D

So what's on the menu tonight? Chicken? :eek:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Won't your insurance cover it? We have free windshield repair with ours, or I think all we pay is a 50.00 deduct. Sorry its not such an easy fix. I'm not sure what my plan B would be- DH never gets to work up over stuff like that, not even when I backed up into the gargage door, I was pretty pre-occupied and hmmm forgot to hit the opener!:eek: Hope it all works out!
We've got a huge deductible so we really try and save claims for the big stuff. We're pretty sure we come out ahead in the end. At least usually.

I can totally see backing into the garage door. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I shouldn't make Chris out to seem like a crazy person so obsessed with an object that he will really get upset with me. In truth, I am more concerned with the constant ribbing that will occur over the next 20 or so years. We never let anything go in our family and I prefer to be on the giving end rather than the receiving.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
The windshield is minor compared to the other dilema in your post.

Did you shank the 7 iron into the neighbors window? Let's be realistic. 800 beans fixes the windshield but a case of the shanks is very expensive!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.