Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday we go in again to try and see if the baby is a boy or a girl (well, and the OB does other measurements and junk too, but whatever). Last time "she" was sitting up but angled so we really couldn't see the legs at all...I don't think she was very awake because she wasn't moving much at all, just waving her arms a little. This time I am drinking a coke before I go, which should be great since I haven't had any caffeine in well over a year. So it's likely me and baby will be bouncing off our respective walls.

Bad thing is of course I have to be weighed again...I have not gained since my 15 week appointment and was very proud...but lately I have been wanting to eat everything in sight and having very bad hypoglycemic episodes when I don't eat constantly(visual disturbances and faintness, mostly) so I guess I am going to have to talk to him about that. No big weight gain yet but I don't know how I can keep this up for 17 more weeks. I think he is going to be upset if I gain more than 15 lbs and I am already around 10-12 or so.

Anyway, wish us luck!!! If this doesn't work we will find out for sure around 28-30 weeks when we do a 3D, but I hate to wait again!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'm so old school and wish no one found out what the sex was, Its the last big surprise in life IMO. As far as the symptoms you are having, please make sure to tell the doctor, you could be having blood sugar issues, not all that uncommon in pregnant mom's. For your sake I hope you find out the sex of the wee one- but maybe just maybe he/she will keep its legs crossed ; )

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm as surprised now as I would be when he/she is born! Nowadays it is so hard to buy gender neutral things. I want to buy mostly used clothes, the swing, etc. so knowing the sex is a must.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Lots and lots of protein. I had the same problem but have had a problem with eating more carbs in the AM. When I started having more protein the symptoms went away. But, the end of the 1st trimester and beginning of 2nd are the hardest for low blood sugar.

GL with finding out the sex! I had to know with both, though it was no big surprise. Personally, I like to know but can see both sides. I love talking to my baby and saying his name (his, in my case). It allows me to bond more.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Oh good luck!!!

As someone who did not find out with one, but found out with the other, I can tell you it doesn't take anything away from the surprise! No matter what- it is a surprise. Doesn't matter if it is in the delivery room or in the ultrasound room. It's special no matter what. :)

Eat a chocolate bar before you go in! Or orange juice. And report back to us. :)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Wishing you good luck! Back in the old days we had no way of finding out the sex. My kids were born in 1969, 71 and 74. My first was a boy and to be ready, I bought blue, pink and yellow clothing. Poor kid had to wear those pink drawstring gowns! We were too poor to buy more in the right colors.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Good luck! How exciting. :) We didn't find out what we were having, but I can understand wanting to know. Actually, just now I remembered at an ultrasound the tech said "she" and then told us that was what she always said. And I fell for it! Oh well, having a daughter is the greatest thing ever in my opinion (and my husband's, even though he had kind of wanted a boy at first).

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Exciting!! I hope she or he cooperaes this time so you can start buying for them!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, I just noticed you are 23 weeks.....I am only 25! Very cool :)
Yep, we might both have June babies! I am really hoping I don't go until July, lol. I don't think my OB would let me.

What do you eat to get more protein...it seems like all the meats I like are so salty. Not to mention I went through about 12 weeks where even the sight of meat was enough to make me nauseous. My problem is finding things I can bring to work.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Good Luck - I didnt' find out and she wouldn't co-operate even if I had wanted to know - it is so exciting!

Peanut butter and other nuts are a good protein source - i ate a spoonfull everymorning before leavign teh house (I don't liek it on anything just plain off a spoon) I am a bit confused as to why the doctor doesn't want you to gain.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Yep, we might both have June babies! I am really hoping I don't go until July, lol. I don't think my OB would let me.

What do you eat to get more protein...it seems like all the meats I like are so salty. Not to mention I went through about 12 weeks where even the sight of meat was enough to make me nauseous. My problem is finding things I can bring to work.
Cottage cheese. Don't get the low fat stuff though, you need some fat for baby's brain. We currently have the 4% stuff as I feed it to our 11 1/2 month old as well and she needs the fat for her brain, too. Yogurt is also an excellent source of protein, though it's difficult to find teh pre-mixed or flavoured kind without artificial sweeteners. Not a problem for me as I eat it plain or mix it myself. Eggs are also an excellent source of protein. Hard-boiled ones are easy to take with you for lunch. Unfortunately egg-salad sandwiches are out fro pregnant women but hard-boiled eggs are okay.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Yes, eggs for breakfast is huge for me. Though I do love bacon so I often have bacon LOL. But peanuts too and especially almonds they say are great. I didn't believe my doc when she said that I need more protein until I tried it. Now, I did notice the problem more (with both pregnancies) around 12-16 weeks. But I've had it hit me a LOT more this pregnancy (and I have gained a lot more weight too, booooo).

I still crave sweets though :(

So what happenned at 12 weeks? I must have missed it?

Maybe you will go early like I did. :) Though my water just broke and I didn't know it for the first 2 hours (thought I just had to pee a lot LOL).

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am going to have to hit up my health food store for some raw peanuts and almonds that I can roast and salt myself. I ate organic plain yogurt for awhile but I was mixing agave or honey in to sweeten and I think it was making me a little loopy from all the sugar. This is a hard time of year because there are no fresh fruits yet...I can't wait until May when the first strawberries start. I hate buying fruit and veggies out of season, even organic which multiplies the price anyway.

Nothing happened at 12w, it was just from about week 8 to about week 20 where I really had a strong distaste for red meat and pork in particular.

I guess I'll be happy to go whenever as long as my blood pressure and everything else stays OK. That is funny your water broke and you didn't realize...I've heard people say it's rarely ever like a huge gush like you see on the movies.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.