Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I got my driver's license. In my dad's 1952 Chevy. It was raining that day. The car didn't have any turn indicator installed, (dad put that in years later) I had to use hand signals for left and right turns. That was easy enough. When we got to the parallel parking part I told the tester "I'm not even going to attempt this. I'm not good at it and I don't want to hit that car behind or in front of my parking space."

The guy passed me anyway. Maybe he thought I was an April fool and I needed a break.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
LOL Congratulations for 40 years of safe driving! (I'm assuming it's been safe)

Do you still refrain from parallel parking?

(my test was given to me by my uncle's friend. He asked me to parallel park. There were 3 empty stalls and I just pulled in and parked. No reversing was necessary. He laughed and said I cheated, but I was passed)

I still dislike // parking.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Only 8 years here :p

Not to take away from the thread, but I would like to know how many tickest you guys have gotten.

I've only had 1 fix it ticket

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had two tickets. One for going 30 mph in a 25 mph school zone and the other was just a citation for a lapsed tag renewal.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Oh I was really good a parallel parking. My driver's ed teacher though this was great. So the last day we were out driving he found 2 Corvettes with an empty space between them so he told me he would buy us all ice cream if I could park perfectly the first try. So I am whipping the car in when one of the owners walked out and sees this car with student driver on it parking behind his car. The look on his face was great and we did get the ice cream.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congrats!! Fun story too :)

I got mine 6 years ago on March 25. A woman whose horse I rode offered to let me use her teeny-tiny porsche to parallel park since that was the part I was most scared of in the test. I took my dad's car, a mid-size, but only because I didn't know how to drive the porsche's manual transmission ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Close to 40 years for me too I guess. And did anyone else learn on a standard? Now, THAT was stressful. I can remember praying no one would pull up behind me (the dreaded "roll back", you know ;)

(that wasn't a hijack, was it? If so, sorry.......)

Frances

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sam I Am said:
And did anyone else learn on a standard? Now, THAT was stressful. I can remember praying no one would pull up behind me (the dreaded "roll back", you know ;)

Frances
Oh yeah. Standard on the column, and that rollback is skeery especially on a hill! *shudder*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts